Today, let’s see Maraka Planets for Sagittrius Ascendant. Please go through the introductory article on Maraka Dasha Series (https://www.astrosaxena.com/Killer1) here.
Maraka Houses and Maraka Lords – As we know that 2nd house and 7th house are Maraka Houses. For Sagittarius ascendant, 2nd house/Capricorn is ruled by Saturn and 7th house/Gemini is co-ruled by Mercury. So, Mercury-Saturn become their Maraka Lords or Maraka Planets.
Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, if someone has planets in 2nd house/Capricorn or 7th house/Gemini, those planets will also be considered as Maraka Planets as their dashas will also activate Maraka Houses.
Nature of Maraka Planet – Mercury is a gentle/benefic planet whereas Saturn is malefic planet. So in comparison to Mercury, Saturn can create bigger problems for them.
Lords of Other Houses – Now, let’s see what other houses Mercury-Saturn are ruling for a Leo ascendant person.
- Not only Saturn is natural malefic and maraka planet but Saturn is also co-ruling 3rd house/Aquarius along with another malefic Rahu which represents hard work & efforts. So, Saturn can make them put an extra-effort while dealing with death-like situations in life.
- Mercury rules another Kendra house 10th house/Virgo of career and authority for them. It makes Mercury a better maraka planet to deal with than Saturn as it is a natural gentle benefic planet and lord of 2 kendra houses..
Nature of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to see the nature of planets which are in maraka houses. Like, if they are natural benefic/malefic or functional benefic/malefic or Dushthana Lords etc. The more malefic nature these planets keep within them, higher the chances that their dashas can be difficult for person and he needs to be more cautious during their dashas.
Dignity of Maraka Lords – The most important factor is in which sign Mercury-Saturn are placed in a Sagittarius Ascendant chart as it will decide its dignity and strength.
- With Saturn, it is imperative that it should be in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign. As it is already the most malefic planet, Saturn losing its dignity can be a big trouble for person. So, problem will be when Saturn is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with other malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further stresses the planet. That’s where person needs to be very cautious during dashas which activate Saturn.
- Mercury in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign means that person can manage to go through a maraka dasha with some positivity and can even gain during its dasha especially in matters of career and authority due to gentle/benefic nature and good dignity in these signs. But if Mercury is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet, then it shows that person needs a lot of awareness and caution at disposal while dealing with its dasha. For ex, if Mercury is in 12th house/Scorpio then Mercury MD is in great enemy sign and it can bring challenges during this dasha to the person himself or career or relationship or expenses etc. It means that they need to be extra careful about these matters and they should be taking care even before start of maraka dasha to safely sail through this dasha.
Dignity of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to check the dignity and strength of planets that are placed in maraka houses. Again, better the dignity, higher the chances that person will sail through maraka dasha without much damage. But if dignity is poor then an extra care is necessary. For ex, Mars in 2nd house/Capricorn is not of much worry as it is exalted but if Jupiter is in 2nd house/Capricorn where it is debilitated then person needs to be cautious during maraka dasha.
How Dashas will activate Maraka Houses? – Now, Maraka Houses for Sagittarius Ascendant can get activated during dasha of Mercury or Saturn Rahu or of any planet which is in 2nd house/Capricorn or 7th house/Gemini. Also, the dasha of lord of sign/nakshatra in which Mercury or Saturn is placed will activate them and maraka dasha. For example, if Saturn is in Libra/Chitra then Venus dasha or Mars dasha can also activate Saturn and maraka houses. Likewise, for planets in maraka houses, their sign/nakshatra lord dasha can bring maraka results. Finally, we need to take into consideration dashas at all 3 major levels, i.e. Mahadasha/Antardasha/Pratyantar dasha. Overall, we need to be inclusive in this matter as it can be matter of even life or death.
Annual Transits – Likewise, I don’t think that we should wait till annual transits of planets start giving us results after activation of maraka houses through dashas. As I said, we need to be cautious, careful and aware even before the beginning of maraka dashas, so that we will have enough time in hand to safeguard ourselves. As always, awareness is the only remedy.
Maraka Planets Impact – Now, following things can cause actual death, metaphorical death or death of other things due to maraka planets –
- As usually, 2nd house/7th house are related with family life, relationship or wealth matters. So, these things can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Mercury represents business, siblings, cousins, friends and people we regularly communicate with, all these things/people can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Mercury also represents our interests or skills/hobbies, person can be so much involved with his interests that he may not have any time for anything or anyone else in life. This is like his social or symbolic death for others.
- Mercury represents health issues related with skin, speech or nervous system disorders, these health issues can bring a death-like situation to person.
- Mercury also rules 10th house/Virgo of authority figures, fame and recognition. So, person’s fame can become reason of death-like situation. His relation with Father at home or Boss at work can become reason of death-like situation. Also, government and law can bring situations like death.
- Likewise, as Saturn rules 2nd house and 3rd house, their wealth (more or lack of it) & business can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- Family environment or family members can bring death-like situations for them.
- As Saturn represents elderly people in life, elderly persons can bring death-like situations for them.
- As Saturn represents Law & Medical Profession both, litigation or health issues can bring death-like situations for them. Also, they can be so busy with their professions in these areas of work that it can bring symbolic death to them.
- As Saturn is related with debts too, such things can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- As Saturn represents diseases related with Bones, Teeth, Body-Ache, Joint-Ache, Chronic nature of diseases etc, these illnesses can bring a death-like situation.
- Important thing is that Mercury-Saturn are planets of Vata Dosha. So, they need to be careful against Vata Dosha illnesses such as emphysema, pneumonia and arthritis. Other common vata disorders include flatulence, tics, twitches, aching joints, dry skin and hair, nerve disorders, constipation, and mental confusion.
- Then in whichever houses Mercury/Saturn are sitting, person can feel a death-like scenario in matters of that house, especially if they are also in bad dignity. Like, if Mercury is in 4th house/Pisces debilitated, it shows that person or his Mother/Home will face major issues in home environment which can bring a death-like scenario for them. But if Mercury is in 10th house/Virgo where it is in exalted sign, it shows that person’s relation with authority figures will die due to ego conflicts but only to give him new authority through new work. So, if Mercury/Saturn are in good dignity then it shows that even while going through a death-like situation, person will be able to gain something. But if Maraka lords are in bad dignity with no other support, then person needs to be extra cautious to minimise the damage.
- Finally, we need to check the planets sitting in maraka houses. The things/people they are karaka-of and things/people represented by the house ruled by these planets will bring death-like circumstances to person. Like, if Jupiter is in 7th house/Gemini or in 2nd house/Capricorn then their Jupiter related people or representations can bring a death-like situation for them/their family or their spouse as Jupiter is in weak dignity.