Today, let’s see Maraka Planets for Leo Ascendant. Please go through the introductory article on Maraka Dasha Series (https://www.astrosaxena.com/Killer1) here.
Maraka Houses and Maraka Lords – As we know that 2nd house and 7th house are Maraka Houses. For Leo ascendant, 2nd house/Virgo is ruled by Mercury and 7th house/Aquarius is co-ruled by Saturn-Rahu. So, Mercury-Saturn-Rahu become their Maraka Lords or Maraka Planets.
Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, if someone has planets in 2nd house/Virgo or 7th house/Aquarius, those planets will also be considered as Maraka Planets as their dashas will also activate Maraka Houses.
Nature of Maraka Planet – Mercury is a gentle/benefic planet whereas Saturn-Rahu both are malefic planets. So in comparison to Mercury, Saturn-Rahu can create bigger problems for them.
Lords of Other Houses – Now, let’s see what other houses Mercury-Saturn-Rahu are ruling for a Leo ascendant person.
- Mercury rules 11th house/Gemini of Gains. It makes Mercury a wealth oriented planet for Leo ascendant as 2nd house and 11th house both are related with Money. At the same time, 11th house is also Bhavat Bhavam of 6th house of illness.
- But bigger problem is that not only Saturn is natural malefic and maraka planet but Saturn is also ruling a Dushthana house, i.e. 6th house/Capricorn of health issues for them. So, Saturn is really creating some troubles for Leo ascendant in this area of life.
- So again, Mercury is comparatively a better planet for a Leo ascendant chart.
Nature of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to see the nature of planets which are in maraka houses. Like, if they are natural benefic/malefic or functional benefic/malefic or Dushthana Lords etc. The more malefic nature these planets keep within them, higher the chances that their dashas can be difficult for person and he needs to be more cautious during their dashas.
Dignity of Maraka Lords – The most important factor is in which sign Mercury-Saturn-Rahu are placed in a Leo Ascendant chart as it will decide its dignity and strength.
- Mercury in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign means that person can manage to go through a maraka dasha with some positivity and can even gain during its dasha especially in matters of career, authority and wealth due to gentle/benefic nature and good dignity in these signs. But if Mercury is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet, then it shows that person needs a lot of awareness and caution at disposal while dealing with its dasha. For ex, if Mercury is in 4th house/Scorpio then Mercury MD will activate 2nd house/Virgo and as Mercury is in great enemy sign, it can bring challenges during this dasha to the person himself or home or mother etc. It means that they need to be extra careful about the health matters and they should be taking care even before start of maraka dasha to safely sail through this dasha.
- With Saturn again, it is imperative that it should be in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign. As it is already the most malefic planet, Saturn losing its dignity can be a big trouble for person. So, problem will be when Saturn is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with other malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further stresses the planet. That’s where person needs to be very cautious during dashas which activate Saturn.
- Rahu is never exalted or debilitated in any sign. With Rahu, we need to see if Rahu is in sign of a benefic planet or malefic planet and then how that benefic or malefic planet is placed in chart. It is better to have Rahu in benefic planet’s sign like in Taurus ruled by Venus or in Pisces ruled by Jupiter and then lords are also placed well. Problem may arise when Rahu is in Scorpio ruled by Mars-Ketu or Rahu is in Leo ruled by Sun and its lords are not in good dignity. In the end, it is all about dignity.
Dignity of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to check the dignity and strength of planets that are placed in maraka houses. Again, better the dignity, higher the chances that person will sail through maraka dasha without much damage. But if dignity is poor then an extra care is necessary. For ex, Sun in 2nd house/Virgo is not of much worry but if Venus is in 2nd house/Virgo where it is debilitated then person needs to be cautious during maraka dasha.
How Dashas will activate Maraka Houses? – Now, Maraka Houses for Leo Ascendant can get activated during dasha of Mercury or Saturn or Rahu or of any planet which is in 2nd house/Virgo or 7th house/Aquarius. Also, the dasha of lord of sign/nakshatra in which Mercury or Saturn or Rahu is placed will activate them and maraka dasha. For example, if Saturn is in Libra/Chitra then Venus dasha or Mars dasha can also activate Saturn and maraka houses. Likewise, for planets in maraka houses, their sign/nakshatra lord dasha can bring maraka results. Finally, we need to take into consideration dashas at all 3 major levels, i.e. Mahadasha/Antardasha/Pratyantar dasha. Overall, we need to be inclusive in this matter as it can be matter of even life or death.
Annual Transits – Likewise, I don’t think that we should wait till annual transits of planets start giving us results after activation of maraka houses through dashas. As I said, we need to be cautious, careful and aware even before the beginning of maraka dashas, so that we will have enough time in hand to safeguard ourselves. As always, awareness is the only remedy.
Maraka Planets Impact – Now, following things can cause actual death, metaphorical death or death of other things due to maraka planets –
- As usually, 2nd house/7th house are related with family life, relationship or wealth matters. So, these things can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Mercury represents business, siblings, cousins, friends and people we regularly communicate with, all these things/people can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Mercury also represents our interests or skills/hobbies, person can be so much involved with his interests that he may not have any time for anything or anyone else in life. This is like his social or symbolic death for others.
- Mercury represents health issues related with skin, speech or nervous system disorders, these health issues can bring a death-like situation to person.
- Likewise, as Saturn rules 6th house and 7th house, their relationship/partner or disputes in relationship can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- As 6th house is related with debts, litigation and illness, such things can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- As Saturn represents diseases related with Bones, Teeth, Body-Ache, Joint-Ache, Chronic nature of diseases etc, these illnesses can bring a death-like situation.
- Rahu represents allergies and unusual illnesses. Rahu being maraka planet can bring illnesses related to these nature and can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- Rahu can also include the illnesses which are not diagnosed properly in time. This can also bring a death-like scenario for them.
- As Rahu represents cheating, fraud or illusion, such activities can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- Important thing is that Mercury-Saturn-Rahu all are planets of Vata Dosha. So, they need to be careful against Vata Dosha illnesses such as emphysema, pneumonia and arthritis. Other common vata disorders include flatulence, tics, twitches, aching joints, dry skin and hair, nerve disorders, constipation, and mental confusion.
- Then in whichever houses Mercury/Saturn/Rahu are sitting, person can feel a death-like scenario in matters of that house, especially if they are also in bad dignity. Like, if Rahu is in 4th house/Scorpio litated, it shows that person or his Mother/Home will face major instabilities in home environment which can bring a death-like scenario for them. But if Mercury is in 10th house/Taurus where it is in friendly sign, it shows that person’s relation with authority figures will die due to ego conflicts but only to give him new authority through new work. So, if Mercury/Saturn/Rahu are in good dignity then it shows that even while going through a death-like situation, person will be able to gain somethin. But if Maraka lords are in bad dignity with no other support, then person needs to be extra cautious to minimise the damage.
- Finally, we need to check the planets sitting in maraka houses. The things/people they are karaka-of and things/people represented by the house ruled by these planets will bring death-like circumstances to person. Like, if Jupiter is in 7th house/Aquarius or in 2nd house/Virgo then their Jupiter related people or representations can bring a death-like situation for them/their family or their spouse.