Today, let’s see Maraka Planets for Gemini Ascendant. Please go through the introductory article on Maraka Dasha Series (https://www.astrosaxena.com/Killer1) here.
Maraka Houses and Maraka Lords – As we know that 2nd house and 7th house are Maraka Houses. For Gemini ascendant, 2nd house/Cancer is ruled by Moon and 7th house/Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter. So, Moon-Jupiter become their Maraka Lords or Maraka Planets.
Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, if someone has planets in 2nd house/Cancer or 7th house/Sagittarius, those planets will also be considered as Maraka Planets as their dashas will also activate Maraka Houses.
Nature of Maraka Planet – Now first of all, good thing with Gemini ascendant people is that not only both of their maraka planets, i.e. Moon and Jupiter, are benefic planets but they are also best friends. So, although they are maraka planets but they can safeguard person from any major maraka impact.
Lords of Other Houses – Now, Jupiter also rules 10th house/Pisces for Gemini ascendant people. It adds another layer of beneficence that not only Moon-Jupiter are benefic planets & mutual friends but Jupiter is also a Kendra Lord for them.
Nature of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to see the nature of planets which are in maraka houses. Like, if they are natural benefic/malefic or functional benefic/malefic or Dushthana Lords etc. The more malefic nature these planets keep within them, higher the chances that their dashas can be difficult for person and he needs to be more cautious during their dashas.
Dignity of Maraka Lords – The most important factor is in which sign Moon-Jupiter are placed in a Gemini Ascendant chart as it will decide its dignity and strength.
- Moon in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign means that person can manage to go through a maraka dasha with some positivity and can even gain during its dasha as it is a benefic planet and it is in good dignity in these signs. But if Moon is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet, then it shows that person needs a lot of awareness and caution at disposal while dealing with its dasha. For ex, if Moon is in 6th house/Scorpio where it is debilitated in the house of illnesses, then person can have health issues during dasha which activates Moon as maraka planet is weak in the house of illness. It means that they need to be extra careful about the health matters and they should be taking care even before start of maraka dasha to safely sail through this dasha.
- With Jupiter again, it is better that it should be in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign. Problem will be when Jupiter is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet. That’s where person needs to be very cautious during dashas which activate Jupiter.
Dignity of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to check the dignity and strength of planets that are placed in maraka houses. Again, better the dignity, higher the chances that person will sail through maraka dasha without much damage. But if dignity is poor then an extra care is necessary. For ex, Sun in 2nd house/Cancer is not of much worry but if Mars is in 2nd house/Cancer where it is debilitated then person needs to be cautious during maraka dasha.
How Dashas will activate Maraka Houses? – Now, Maraka Houses for Gemini Ascendant can get activated during dasha of Moon or Jupiter or of any planet which is in 2nd house/Cancer or 7th house/Sagittarius. Also, the dasha of lord of sign/nakshatra in which Moon or Jupiter is placed will activate them and maraka dasha. For example, if Jupiter is in Libra/Chitra then Venus dasha or Mars dasha can also activate Jupiter and maraka houses. Likewise, for planets in maraka houses, their sign/nakshatra lord dasha can bring maraka results. Finally, we need to take into consideration dashas at all 3 major levels, i.e. Mahadasha/Antardasha/Pratyantar dasha. Overall, we need to be inclusive in this matter as it can be matter of even life or death.
Annual Transits – Likewise, I don’t think that we should wait till annual transits of planets start giving us results after activation of maraka houses through dashas. As I said, we need to be cautious, careful and aware even before the beginning of maraka dashas, so that we will have enough time in hand to safeguard ourselves. As always, awareness is the only remedy.
Maraka Planets Impact – Now, following things can cause actual death, metaphorical death or death of other things due to maraka planets –
- As Moon represents Mother, Mind, Emotions and feelings, all these things/people can bring a death like situation to person.
- As Moon represents Mother and Jupiter rules the 10th house/Pisces of Father, relationship between Parents or with Parents can bring a death like situation to person.
- As Jupiter represents belief system and Teachers/Guru, these things/people can bring a death like situation to person.
- As Jupiter is karaka of marriage, family life, children and wealth, all these things/people can bring a death like situation to person.
- Moon represents mind & emotions and Jupiter represents fat/heart related issues, these health issues can bring a death like situation to person.
- As Jupiter also rules 10th house/Pisces of authority figures, Gemini ascendant people may find troubles with authority and their authority figure can bring a death like situation to person.
- Then in whichever houses Jupiter/Moon are sitting, person can feel a death like scenario in matters of that house, especially if Jupiter/Moon are also in bad dignity. Like, if Jupiter is in 8th house/Capricorn where it is debilitated, it shows that person will feel like going through a death like situation due to marriage or in-laws. But if Jupiter is in 10th house/Pisces where it is in own sign, it shows that person’s relation with authority figures will die but only to give him authority through his own business.
- This is the benefit here that as Jupiter-Moon both are benefic planets, even if they are in little bit of good dignity, person is going to benefit from even death like situations.
- Finally, we need to check the planets sitting in maraka houses. The things/people they are karaka-of and things/people represented by the house ruled by these planets will bring death like circumstances to person. Like, if Venus is in 7th house/Sagittarius or 2nd house/Cancer which is their 5th house/Libra lord then their love interests or children can bring a death-like situation for them.
Hope this helps. Thanks,
Hope this helps. Thanks,
Swami Premanand Bharti
Swami Premanand Bharti