Today, let’s see Maraka Planets for Aquarius Ascendant. Please go through the introductory article on Maraka Dasha Series (https://www.astrosaxena.com/Killer1) here.
Maraka Houses and Maraka Lords – As we know that 2nd house and 7th house are Maraka Houses. For Aquarius ascendant, 2nd house/Pisces is ruled by Jupiter and 7th house/Leo is ruled by Sun. So, Jupiter-Sun become their Maraka Lords or Maraka Planets.
Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, if someone has planets in 2nd house/Pisces or 7th house/ Leo, those planets will also be considered as Maraka Planets as their dashas will also activate Maraka Houses.
Nature of Maraka Planet – Among these two planets, Jupiter is a natural benefic planet. This indicates that even if an Aquarius ascendant person is going through a maraka dasha of Jupiter then it may bring some death-like situations but it may still bring some benefits to person while going through those death-like situations.
Lords of Other Houses – Now, let’s see what other houses Jupiter-Sun are ruling for an Aquarius ascendant person.
- Sun doesn’t rule any other house. Sun remains a malefic planet.
- Jupiter rules 11th house/Sagittarius income, gains & serving humanity etc.
- So if we compare then Sun is more troublesome planet than Jupiter for the Aquarius ascendants because not only it is a maraka planet but it is also a malefic planet which contains the heat & fire. Jupiter is a better maraka planet for them as it also rules 11th house/Sagittarius of gains. So, even when they are in Jupiter’s maraka dasha, they can still make gain out of it.
Nature of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to see the nature of planets which are in maraka houses. Like, if they are natural benefic/malefic or functional benefic/malefic or Dushthana Lords etc. The more malefic nature these planets keep within them, higher the chances that their dashas can be difficult for person and he needs to be more cautious during their dashas.
Dignity of Maraka Lords – The most important factor is in which sign Jupiter-Sun are placed in an Aquarius Ascendant chart as it will decide its dignity and strength.
- Jupiter should be in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign. It would mean that person can manage to go through a maraka dasha with some positivity and can even gain during its dasha especially in matters of career, authority and wealth due to gentle/benefic nature and good dignity in these signs. But if Jupiter is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet, then it shows that person needs a lot of awareness and caution at disposal while dealing with its dasha. For example, if Jupiter is in 12th house/Capricorn where it is debilitated then Jupiter dasha can be troublesome for person and can bring death-like situations but if Jupiter is in 3rd house/Pisces then it can be a much better time period in comparison.
- With Sun, it should be in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign which would mean that person can manage to go through a maraka dasha with some positivity and can even gain during its dasha especially in matters of career, authority and wealth due to good dignity in these signs. But if Sun is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet, then it shows that person needs a lot of awareness and caution at disposal while dealing with its dasha. For ex, if Sun is in 9th house/Libra then Sun dasha will activate 7th house/Leo and as Sun is in debilitation sign, it can bring challenges during this dasha to the person himself in matters of health/relationship/teachers both but if Sun is in 3rd house/Aries where Sun is exalted then it shows that they can sail through this maraka dasha and can eventually make some benefits too. It means that if Sun is in weak dignity then they need to be extra careful about the health/relaationship matters and they should be taking care even before start of maraka dasha to safely sail through this dasha.
Dignity of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to check the dignity and strength of planets that are placed in maraka houses. Again, better the dignity, higher the chances that person will sail through maraka dasha without much damage. But if dignity is poor then an extra care is necessary. For example, Sun in 7th house/Taurus is in enemy sign and can cause health issues during its dasha & person needs to be cautious during maraka dasha but if Moon is in 7th house/Taurus where it is in exaltation then person can sail through maraka dasha and can actually gain in this time as planet is in exaltation.
How Dashas will activate Maraka Houses? – Now, Maraka Houses for Aquarius Ascendant can get activated during dasha of Sun or Jupiter or of any planet which is in 2nd house/Pisces or 7th house/Leo. Also, the dasha of lord of sign/nakshatra in which Sun or Jupiter is placed will activate them and maraka dasha. For example, if Jupiter is in Capricorn/Sravana then Saturn dasha or Moon dasha can also activate Jupiter and maraka houses. Likewise, for planets in maraka houses, their sign/nakshatra lord dasha can bring maraka results. Finally, we need to take into consideration dashas at all 3 major levels, i.e. Mahadasha/Antardasha/Pratyantar dasha. Overall, we need to be inclusive in this matter as it can be matter of even life or death.
Annual Transits – Likewise, I don’t think that we should wait till annual transits of planets start giving us results after activation of maraka houses through dashas. As I said, we need to be cautious, careful and aware even before the beginning of maraka dashas, so that we will have enough time in hand to safeguard ourselves. As always, awareness is the only remedy.
Maraka Planets Impact – Now, following things can cause actual death, metaphorical death or death of other things due to maraka planets –
- As usually, 2nd house/7th house are related with family life, relationship or wealth matters. So, these things can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Jupiter is karaka of relationship/marriage, it again shows that relations/marriage/spouse/children can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Jupiter represents wealth, it shows that too much of wealth or lack of wealth can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Jupiter is knowledge, it shows that person can be so much busy with his knowledge oriented pursuits that he may have no time for people and family members in his life. It is like a symbolic death of person.
- As Jupiter represents health issues related with Fat, Gall Bladder, Liver, Arteries etc and Sun represents health issues related with brain & heart etc, these health issues can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Jupiter also rules 11th house/Sagittarius, it shows that their friends or elder siblings can bring a death-like situation to person. It can also include that pursuing their desires can bring a death-like situation for person.
- Jupiter also represents religion, spirituality & Gurus. It shows that matters of spirituality can bring death-like situations. Person may get such Gurus in life which can bring a death-like situation to person. The person may be busy with his spiritual pursuits which can again create a situation of a symbolic death. Also, if Jupiter is not well placed then person can get fake Gurus or Con-Man who can bring death-like situations for them.
- As Sun represents Father, Ego, Career, Authority and Recognition, all these things/people can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Sun represents Father and rules 7th house/Leo of Relationship, Father/Relation can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Sun represents Ego, person can get into death-like situations due to Ego clashes. Likewise, authority figures can bring a death-like situation to person.
- Then in whichever houses Sun/Jupiter are sitting, person can feel a death-like scenario in matters of that house, especially if they are also in bad dignity. Like, if Sun is in 12th house/Capricorn then Sun dasha can bring a death-like situation to person’s spiritual Guru. But as always, it is about dignity of planets involved. So, if Jupiter-Sun are in good dignity then it shows that even while going through a death-like situation, person will be able to gain something. But if Maraka lords are in bad dignity with no other support, then person needs to be extra cautious to minimise the damage.
- Finally, we need to check the planets sitting in maraka houses. The things/people they are karaka-of and things/people represented by the house ruled by these planets will bring death-like circumstances to person. Like, if 4th house lord Venus is in 7th house/Leo then person or his Mother can have a death-like situation due to Venus related diseases.
Conclusion – This is how maraka houses, maraka planets or maraka dashas may impact the life of an Aquarius Ascendant person.