Let’s begin with this thought that I am no expert in any of the astrological streams and as such, I can’t be an expert in Bhrigu Nadi Jyotish (BNJ) too. Many of the things I am going to write here are heard & read from other astrologers who practiced in BNJ and as always, my original lawyer mind had some questions as to the application and practice of this stream of astrology too. So, by this article, I am not raising any doubt over this branch of astrology but I am just raising my questions in hope to get some answers. If anyone can help me out then I will be grateful. As always, I have taken my own chart for example as I know it better than any other chart. If you have any issue in seeing chart here then you can check birth details here and make both the charts - https://www.astrosaxena.com/Astrologer. So, let’s cover this on following points –
Introduction to Bhrigu Nadi Jyotish.
Importance of Sub-Lord.
Bhav Chalit Chart
Planet, Lord and Sub-Lord.
Ways of Prediction
Final Few Rules.
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Introduction to Bhrigu Nadi Jyotish – As we know that along with many other branches of Astrology, Bhrigu Nadi Jyotish is also one of the well-established branch. It has its own school, teachers, students and ways of prediction. Sometimes it is also referred as KP Astrology, i.e. Krishnamoorthy Paddhati Astrology. But as I heard from other Bhrigu Nadi Astrologers, KP Astrology is nothing but BNJ only. It is just that followers of Krishnamoorthy started calling it KP Astrology. This is where the importance of Bhav Chalit Chart comes into play. I have written little bit about Bhav Chalit Chart on 1st June, 2018 post - https://www.astrosaxena.com/fb2, and it may be helpful.
Importance of Sub-Lord – The biggest difference here in BNJ is that they emphasize on importance of Sub-Lord of a planet. Like, if Venus is in Sagittarius and Mula Nakshatra at 7 degree then for giving any prediction related to Venus, they not only will consider Venus and Ketu (Mula’s lord) but they will also consider the sub-lord at 7 degrees. This link can help you getting the list of sub-lords at different degrees in different signs - http://kpastrology.astrosage.com/reference-tables/sign-star-and-sub-table.
Bhav Chalit Chart (BCC) – Now, the 1st step towards predicting through BNJ is to make a list of houses a planet is activating in BCC. We need to see which house every planet is ruling in BCC and then which house it is sitting. Like in my BCC attached, Sun rules 10th house/Leo and sits in 4th house/Aquarius. So, the houses activated by Sun will be 10 & 4. Likewise, we need to take houses activated by every planet from BCC which are as follows –
Sun - 10, 4. Moon - 9, 7. Mars - 1, 3, 6. Mercury - 8, 11, 4. Jupiter - 2, 5, 9. Venus - 2, 7, 12. Saturn - 3, 4, 10.
For Rahu-Ketu, rules always change. We need to see which house they are in Birth Chart, which planet’s sign they are placed in, which planets are conjunct them and which planets are aspecting them. Like, –
Rahu is in Leo (ruled by Sun), conjunct Saturn and aspected by Mars in the birth chart attached here. So, houses activated by Rahu will actually be houses activated by Sun, Saturn and Mars which are as follows –
Rahu - 10, 4, 3, 1, 6.
Likewise for Ketu, we need to see which house Ketu is in Birth Chart, which planet’s sign it is in, which planets are conjunct Ketu and which planets are aspecting Ketu. Ketu is in Aquarius (ruled by Saturn), no conjunction and it is aspected by Saturn only. So, houses activated by Ketu will actually be houses activated by Saturn only which are as follows –
Ketu - 3, 4, 10.
I know it is confusing but with practice, it becomes easy. So finally, we have all the planets and houses they are activating –
Sun - 10, 4. Moon - 9, 7. Mars - 1, 3, 6. Mercury - 8, 11, 4. Jupiter - 2, 5, 9. Venus - 2, 7, 12. Saturn - 3, 4, 10. Rahu - 10, 4, 3, 1, 6. Ketu - 3, 4, 10.
Planet, Lord and Sub-Lord – Then the 2nd step for predicting through BNJ is collecting Planets, its lord and sub-lord. So, here is the list as per the planetary placements in D-1 chart given above, like Sun is in Sravana nakshatra ruled by Moon and at 23 degree which is ruled by Sun (http://kpastrology.astrosage.com/reference-tables/sign-star-and-sub-table.). So, Planet, Lord and Sub-Lord would be like –
- For Sun – Sun, Moon, Sun.
- For Moon – Moon, Moon, Jupiter.
- For Mars – Mars, Moon, Mercury.
- For Mercury – Mercury, Moon, Venus.
- For Jupiter – Jupiter, Saturn, Venus.
- For Venus – Venus, Ketu, Rahu.
- For Saturn – Saturn, Venus, Rahu.
- For Rahu – Rahu, Venus, Mercury.
- For Ketu – Ketu, Jupiter, Mercury.
Ways of Prediction – For every event prediction, BNJ emphasizes on some specific houses. As relationship and marriage is biggest concern for everyone, let’s take example of relationship. As per BNJ –
- Houses # 2, 7 & 11 – supports marriage.
- Houses # 1, 6 & 10 – negates marriage.
- Houses # 3 & 4 – remain neutral, they neither support not negate.
- Houses # 5 & 9 – facilitates marriage. It means they can create situations of relationship.
- Houses # 8 & 12 – they are unique cases. If they are active with Houses # 2, 7 & 11, they support marriage. But if they are active with Houses # 1, 6 & 10, they can support divorce too.
So, if we need to see when a person can have a relationship, we need to see which houses are getting activated at Mahadasha/Antardasha/Pratyantar Dasha level and if majority of activated houses are supporting or facilitating relation then person can get into relation. But if majority of houses are negating relation then separation can take place. Basically, whichever event is getting indicated by the activation of majority of houses during MD/AD/PD, that event can take place. Like, at all 3 levels of planet, lord and sub-lord, if 4th house is getting activated during any dasha then person can have events related with real estate during that dasha.
Final Few Rules – Now, final few rules –
- Mahadasha Planet is stronger than Antardasha Planet and likewise Antardasha Planet is stronger than Pratyantar Dasha Planet. It means if an event is not seen in Mahadasha then it is rare possibility that it may happen during any of its ADs. You may need to wait till next MD. Likewise, if a particular AD is not showing any event then it is rare possibility that it may happen during any of its PDs. You may need to wait till next AD.
- Sub-Lord is stronger that Lord and Lord is stronger than Planet. As Sub-lord is at base foundation, BNJ gives most importance to Sub-Lord. If same house is getting activated at Sub-Lord, Lord and Planet level then it is almost certain that house related events will happen. If Sub-Lord is activating all houses for an event like 2, 7 and 11 for marriage but same houses are not activated at Lord and Planet level then although developments for relation/marriage may take place but eventually there can be lots of blockage due to non-support of Lord and Planet. So, Sub-Lord is important for creating the foundation of event but then Lord and Planet should also support by activation of similar houses. But if Sub-Lord itself is not indicating towards a particular event then Lord and Planet may not be able to bring the event. That’s why, they say that Sub-Lord is stronger that Lord and Lord is stronger than Planet.
- Finally, it is combination of many houses which bring the event. It can never be the case that if Sub-Lord activates 7th house then marriage is certain. It should be then supported by Lord and Planet with activation of houses which support marriage. Then only we can say anything with certainty. So, 1 planet or 1 house activation is never enough to bring the event to manifestation.
Example – Now, an example may be useful to understand these complexities. As I said, example chart is mine. If you have any issue in seeing chart here then you can check birth details here and make both the charts - https://www.astrosaxena.com/Astrologer.
I am under Jupiter-Ketu-Saturn dasha right now till 10th Nov, 2018. Let’s get houses activated by Planet-Lord-Sub Lord level –
Planet - Jupiter - 2, 5, 9.
Lord - Saturn - 3, 4, 10.
Sub-Lord - Venus - 2, 7, 12.
Planet - Ketu - 3, 4, 10.
Lord - Jupiter - 2, 5, 9.
Sub-Lord - Mercury - 8, 11, 4.
Planet - Saturn - 3, 4, 10.
Lord - Venus - 2, 7, 12.
Sub-Lord - Rahu - 10, 4, 3, 1, 6.
- Now, 1st let’s look at Jupiter MD – At Sub-lord level 2, 7, 12 houses are active which support relationship but at Lord level none of the houses supportive of relationship are active but then again at Planet level 2, 5, 9 are active. As majority of houses which are active during Jupiter MD are relationship supportive, it shows relation/marriage can take place during Jupiter MD.
- Then Ketu AD - At Sub-lord level 8, 11, 4 houses are active which support relationship and also at Lord level 2, 5, 9 houses supportive of relationship are active but then at Planet level 3, 4, 10 are active which don’t support any relationship. As Sub-Lord and Lord are supportive of relation, it shows that relationship can be a possibility in Ketu AD but as Planet is not supportive, things may not reach any logical conclusion during this AD and next AD may bring results if it is supportive.
- Then Saturn PD – And it can be seen through Saturn PD and the houses it is activating at 3 levels. At Sub-lord level 10, 4, 3, 1, 6 houses are active which negate relationship. At Lord level 2, 7, 12 houses are active which are supportive of relationship but then again at Planet level 3, 4, 10 are active which are again negating relationship. As majority of houses which are active during Saturn PD are negating relationship, it shows relation/marriage is a distant possibility during Saturn PD.
- Likewise, we can make tables for coming PDs, ADs & MDs and see which are majority of houses that are getting activated and what type of events they can bring. But again, to get actual event, many houses of similar nature should be active.
My Concern – Now, my concern with this whole exercise. This whole system is event based system. I mean to say that occurrence of event is important as per BNJ, not the quality of event. For example – if a person asks about his marriage timing as per BNJ, I will make these tables of houses activation under different dasha and say that during X dasha majority of your relationship houses are getting activated, hence you can get married during X dasha. But this system is not taking into consideration that what planets are sitting in 5th house and 7th house? What is the dignity of Venus, Jupiter, Moon etc? If Saturn, Rahu, Ketu, Mars, Sun are anyways impacting 7th house or 6th house of conflicts? What if a Paap Kartari Yoga is involving 7th house and 7th house lord or Venus? Now, if you are not taking all these things and many more like things in consideration then no doubt that you are predicting an event but you are not seeing the quality of event. Person may get married but soon after land into conflicts because of any of the reasons I stated above. And it is applicable for any event. Like, if 4th house is getting activated as per the tables of BNJ then it can be predicted that person can have a real estate property but what if same person has Ketu in 4th house? In that scenario, he should avoid taking property in his own name. So, this is what I wanted to say that this system is mostly focused on the occurrence of events but not on quality of events.
Conclusion – This is how I understood BNJ and its ways of predicting events. As I said, I am no expert on the subject. Hence, please feel free to correct me if I am making a mistake anywhere.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.