This was another request to write an Article about Yogi, Avayogi and Duplicate Yogi Planet. I must say that I had to break my head in understanding the calculation of these planets but concept in the end is not that tough to understand. In the end, as always, my chart came to my rescue and I understood how to calculate it? Normally, there is a concept which says that an Astrologer should not see his/her own chart but I have always found my own chart most helpful to understand many concepts. So, here also, I would love to break the tradition. So, here we go to understand these planets on the basis of following points –
Calculation of Yogi Planet and Duplicate Yogi Planet.
Calculation of Avyogi Planets.
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Calculation of Yogi Planet and Duplicate Yogi Planet – So, this calculation can break your head but I will try to make it as simple as I can. To make it simple, we will consider only degree of planets, not minutes and seconds. Another thing, every calculation will start from Aries 0 degrees. I again say that my chart was most helpful for me to understand it, so I will use the degrees from my chart, you can also use degrees of planets from your chart. Let’s begin –
- Count the longitude degree of Sun from Aries 0 degrees. Like, I have Sun at 23 degrees Capricorn. Aries to Sagittarius = 9 signs. 1 sign = 30 degrees. 9 sign = 9x30 = 270 degrees. Sun is at 23 degrees Capricorn, so add 23 more to 270. End result is 293.
- Likewise, count the longitude degree of Moon from Aries 0 degrees. Like, I have Moon at 14 degrees Taurus. 30 degrees of Aries + 14 degrees of Taurus = 44 degrees.
- Add both numbers – 293 + 44 = 337 degree. Now, add 93 degree 20 mins (don’t ask me from where this number came). 337 + 93.20 = 430.20 degrees. This total count of Sun’s longitude + Moon’s longitude + 93.20 degree is known as Yogi Point.
- Now, again begin from Aries 0 degree and see where 430 degrees and 20 minutes will fall. So, Aries to Pisces = 12 signs = 12 x 30 = 360 degrees. 430.20-360 = 70.20 degrees. So, after covering all signs once, we are left with 70.20 degrees. Again, 2nd round begins. Aries + Taurus = 60 degrees. Left over 10.20 degrees fall in Ardra Nakshatra and Gemini Sign. So, Yogi Point is falling in Ardra Nakshatra and Gemini Sign. Ardra’s lord is Rahu and Gemini’s lord is Mercury. So, Rahu becomes my Yogi Planet and Mercury becomes my Duplicate Yogi Planet. So, lord of nakshatra where Yogi Point Falls is Yogi Planet and lord of sign where Yogi Point Falls is Duplicate Yogi Planet. Simple, isn’t it?
Calculation of Avayogi Planet – Follow the same process again -
- Again, count the longitude degree of Sun from Aries 0 degrees. Like, I have Sun at 23 degrees Capricorn. Aries to Sagittarius = 9 signs. 1 sign = 30 degrees. 9 sign = 9x30 = 270 degrees. Sun is at 23 degrees Capricorn, so add 23 more to 270. End result is 293. Likewise, count the longitude degree of Moon from Aries 0 degrees. Like, I have Moon at 14 degrees Taurus. 30 degrees of Aries + 14 degrees of Taurus = 44 degrees.
- Add both numbers – 293 + 44 = 337 degree. Now this time, add 186 degree 40 mins (again, don’t ask me from where this number came). 337 + 186.40= 523.40 degrees. This total count of Sun’s longitude + Moon’s longitude + 186.40 degree is known as Avyogi Point.
- Now, again begin from Aries 0 degree and see where 523.40 degrees will fall. So, Aries to Pisces = 12 signs = 12 x 30 = 360 degrees. 523.40-360 = 163.40 degrees. So, after covering all signs once, we are left with 163.40 degrees. Again, 2nd round begins. Aries to Leo = 150 degrees. Left over 13.40 degrees falls in Virgo Sign. Here, it is easy. We only need to see in which sign Avyogi Point falls and lord of sign where it falls is Avyogi Planet. As it is falling in Virgo, its lord Mercury is also my Avyogi Planet.
- Another thing here is that Mercury is my Duplicate Yogi + Avyogi Planet both. In 5 of the 36 possible combinations the Duplicate Yogi and the Avayogi can be the same planet and in 2 of the 36 possible combinations the duplicate yogi and the yogi can be the same planet.
Concept – Now, the concept of these planets go like this –
- Yogi Planet – Yogi Planet is the planet which provides prosperity to the person and that too easily.
- Duplicate Yogi Planet - Duplicate Yogi Planet helps the Yogi Planet in giving the prosperity to the person as promised. So, Duplicate Yogi Planet is kind of support to Yogi Planet.
- Avyogi Planet – Avyogi Planet is the one which brings obstacles in the way and make us hard work to achieve prosperity in life.
Application – But practical is never as simple as theory looks. It says Rahu is my Yogi Planet but my Rahu MD is gone 6 years ago and it was a very average time. It says Mercury is my Duplicate Yogi and Avyogi Planet both. As it is Avyogi Planet, it should bring obstacles but I am under Mercury AD and I started my Business in this AD, also people started knowing me. So, neither Yogi Planet worked as per theory nor Avyogi Planet.
It all goes back to dignity, placement of planet and age of person. I have Rahu with Saturn in enemy sign Leo. So, it shows that Rahu as Yogi Planet will give me results after maturity of Rahu and with hard work & discipline of Saturn. So, Rahu’s MD was supposed to be average only. Likewise, Mercury is Avyogi Planet but it is also Duplicate Yogi Planet. Also, it is with exalted Mars in Capricorn. So, its AD was supposed to benefit me. So, it all goes back to the golden rule of dignity of planets and the age when you are going through planet’s dasha.
Conclusion – So, it is again back to the same concept that Everything is in Addition and Nothing Cancels Anything. Yogi and Avyogi Planet would matter but their conjunction, aspects, dashas and maturity age too. Astrology is all inclusive.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any questions, comments or doubts.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer