The 12th Nakshatra, i.e. Uttara-Phalguni Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Uttara-Phalguni Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Uttara-Phalguni Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Uttara-Phalguni Nakshatra falls within 26.40 degree of Leo to 10.00 degree Virgo. So, Uttara-Phalguni Nakshatra spreads from Leo sign to Virgo sign. It means that it will carry traits of both the signs. .
Name and its meaning – As it is coming after Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra, it is named Uttara-Phalguni which means "The Later Reddish One" or "The Later Fig Tree". In a way, this nakshatra represents the later/after stage of everything which Purva-Phalguni represents.
Representation – Now, as the main representation or symbol of Purva-Phalguni is front legs of a Bed or Cot, Uttara-Phalguni is represented by 2 back legs of a Bed or Cot.
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Uttara-Phalguni Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 9th, 18th, 35th, 45th, 62nd, 70th, 79th and 89th year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Aryaman, one of the twelve Adityas, who is known as God of Patronage, Favor or kindness is the main deity of Uttara-Phalguni. Nakshatra lord is Sun. Sign Lord in Leo section is Sun whereas in Virgo section, it is Mercury.
Mythological Story – The main story related with Uttara-Phalguni is regarding the birth of 12 Sons of Aditi and Sage Kashyap who were known as Adityas. These are Sun/Vivasvan, Aryaman (The Deity of this Nakshatra), Dhatra, Tvastar, Pushan, Savitar, Mitra, Varun, Amasa, Bhasa, Vishnu & Shakra.
Another story is when a Sage asked King Janaka about how he runs his kingdom when he is surrounded by all the luxury and wealth? Janaka told him to take a Lamp and go for a round of palace while making sure that light of lamp doesn't extinguishes. After Sage returned, Janaka asked how was the Palace? Sage said, I was totally focused on keeping the light of lamp. There was no time to look at Palace. Janaka replied, the same way I run my Kingdom.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Uttara -Phalguni Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Uttara-Phalguni Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- Now again, things are happening in series. In Magha, a person gets the Kingdom or Throne. In Purva-Phalguni, he enjoys the initial days of King-hood in some luxury, pomp & glory but then you can't spend whole of your life in such lavish celebrations. You have to start working and look-after your Kingdom and this is where Uttara-Phalguni comes with all its seriousness.
- The fact that it is represented by back legs of the Bed or Cot also shows that someone is coming out of bed after the time of rest and getting back to work.
- As Uttar-Phalguni starts in Leo and ends in Virgo, a sign of reality & practical approach towards life, this nakshatra is all about taking realistic and practical decisions of life.
- These people can be very good at managing or handling details and utilizing the same very practically. Here, everything becomes very practical or realistic.
- Purva-Phalguni is about love & romance, but Uttara-Phalguni is about taking a practical decision and converting love into a committed relationship. So, it is also considered a nakshatra of marriage.
- Purva-Phalguni is about Finances or Wealth, but Uttara-Phalguni is abut financial dealings or financial business.
- They can be good negotiators and often seen as Lawyers. They can also be working in banks or financial corporations and looking after financial agreements. Normally, they are seen as working in financial field. Stocks and Shares can be a good workplace option for them.
- They can be very good with management of everything because to run a Kingdom, you must know how to get things done.
- As the main story relates with birth of 12 Adityas, it can also be connected with procreation or child birth. The other story of Janaka tells exactly the nature of Uttara-Phalguni as to look after the affairs seriously.
- As Virgo starts with Uttara-Phalguni, we can say the traits of seriousness, realistic & practical approach and intellect of Virgo gets expressed through Uttara-Phalguni.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Uttara-Phalguni Nakshatra.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer