This is another misunderstood dosha from Vedic Astrology because of lack of information or clear guidance available to people. So, let's understand 1st what this term means, what is spread and where is the reality?
Kendra means the Angular Houses of Horoscope, i.e. House # 1, 4, 7 and 10.
Adhipati means the Lord. So, Kendra-Adhipati means that Lords of Kendra or Angular Houses.
So for every ascendant, lords of 4 Kendra Houses can be different. Like for Aries Ascendant people, Mars, Moon, Venus and Saturn rules the Kendra Houses and like this these lords continue to switch for every ascendant.
Now, the concept of Kendra-Adhipati Dosha.
It is said that whenever all 4 Kendra Houses are ruled by benefic planets, this Dosha Occurs.
Now let's see, what benefic planets are?
Waxing Moon, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter are benefic planets.
Now, it happens only for Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces Ascendants that all 4 Kendra Houses are ruled by benefic planets, i.e. Jupiter and Mercury. For every other ascendant, at least one of Kendra Houses will be ruled by a malefic planet.
The reason behind this concept?
Kendra Houses are related with foundations of our life. If we just have a look at what they represent, we will understand what I am saying -
1st house: person, beauty, aspirations, health, vitality, longevity, personality, prosperity, perspective, soul’s purpose, initiations, ambitions, happiness and will power.
4th house: security, nourishment, mother, happiness, upbringing relatives, basic education, comforts, psyche, mental peace, spiritual life confidence, luxuries, country of birth, and real estate deals.
7th house: spouse, marriage, legal relations, business partners, sex, fertility, passion, foreign travels, and open enemies .
10th house: honor, career, status, Karma, power, fame, public esteem, status, position, honor, authority, rulers, government, employer and self-esteem.
Now, benefic planets are mild energies. They don't have the fire power within them to achieve big ambitions. It is malefics like Mars & Saturn which make us work rigorously and continuously over a long period of time to make us achieve big things in life. That's why, it is considered to have 4 benefic planets as Kendra Lords as a Dosha.
Now, some clarifications.
1. For any of the Ascendants here (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces), although Mercury and Jupiter rule all 4 Kendra Houses but for each ascendant, Mercury & Jupiter also rules a Trikon House (houses # 1, 5 and 9) as 1st house is Kendra as well as Trikon House. Hence, technically the condition of Kendra Adhipati Dosha is not fulfilled.
2. Hence for Gemini or Virgo Ascendants, only Jupiter becomes Kendra-Adhipati Dosha planet as Mercury rules 1st house which is Kendra as well as Trikon. Likewise, for Sagittarius or Pisces Ascendant, only Mercury becomes Kendra-Adhipati Dosha planet as Jupiter rules 1st house which is Kendra as well as Trikon.
3. Now, whatever the Ascendant is from the 4 Ascendants discussed above, as always we need to see the position, dignity and dashas of Mercury or Jupiter, as the case may be.
4. Real problem of this Dosha will only come when Mercury or Jupiter are in bad dignity and person also goes through their dasha. In such case, person may not be too ambitious to achieve the things attached with the houses that planet rules, i.e. 4th house, 7th house or 10th house. Even in this case, as they are benefic planets and their basic nature is to provide rather than taking away anything, person can still receive some benefits from MD of these planets.
5. But if these planets are well-placed and then person goes through their dashas, then, as per my experience of looking charts of people of these 4 ascendants, I don't see any real problem arising in achievements of the things of 4th house, 7th house or 10th house. And of course, Kendra lord is always the most powerful planet of a chart and can create many Raj-Yogas by itself. So, everything is in addition, nothing cancels anything. Look at chart as a whole rather than only one placement.
6. Opposite polarity of this Dosha would be if we ask that is it good to have all the malefic planets as lords of Kendra Houses, especially 4th house, 7th house or 10th house? Well, not really. Again, it depends on dignity of malefic planet involved and their dasha timing in life. And as they are malefics, they will always have that tendency to cause delay, hardship, labor and troubles in achieving things related with 4th house, 7th house or10th house.
So, nothing is completely good and nothing is completely bad.
Hope this helps. Thanks,
Leave a comment
2 Comments on this post
RS - pls meditate
VERY NICE ANALYSIS. IF REMEDIESS ARE SUGGESTED WOULD HAVE HELPED THE PERSONS WITH THE CHART OF THIS KIND.