In the beginning, I thought that this 25 days of Jupiter transit may not have much significant impact on human life due to the very narrow time window but as we come closer and closer to this transit date, we can see that this transit is becoming more and more important for us. Let's try to understand this transit in a generic way on following points (I won't be covering ascendant-wise) -
Scorpio to Sagittarius to Scorpio.
Energy Accumulation in Sagittarius.
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Jupiter - Jupiter is the most benefic planet and it represents all the auspicious things like Knowledge, Wisdom, Law, Guru, Spirituality, Religion, Philosophy, Literature, Expansion of Things and Elderly People. For a girl, Jupiter also represents Husband.
Scorpio - Scorpio is the 8th sign of zodiac belt, hence it represents the things and energy related with 8th house of horoscope like Sudden Events, Secrecy, Dark World, Occult Science, Research, Inheritance, Serving Others, Taxes etc. Besides these things sign of Scorpio also represent transformation, means changing the whole nature upside down. This is one sign which is favorite of every Astrologer, because it has maximum secrets, so every astrologer gets maximum scope of researching. This is sign about which no one can tell with precision that what will happen to the planets in it, as it is sign of secrecy itself. Wherever Scorpio falls in your chart, you may have had biggest challenges in making things related with that house more stable. Scorpio is also one of those unique signs which has 2 rulers, i.e. Mars and Ketu. In Western Astrology, Pluto also co-rules Scorpio. All this makes Scorpio a chaotic sign. Scorpio consists of next set of 2 and half nakshatras, i.e. Vishakha, Anuradha and Jyeshtha.
Sagittarius - Sagittarius is the 9th sign of Zodiac Belt, hence it represents many things related with the 9th house of horoscope like Religion, Knowledge, Wisdom, Higher Learnings, Gurus, Teachings from your Father etc. Besides it also represents Coaching, Universities, Professors and Preachers, Higher Wisdom, Written Law of the Land etc. Sagittarius has 2 and half nakshatra which are Mula, Purva-Ashadha and Uttara-Ashadha. Sagittarius' lord is Jupiter.
Gandanta Point – Jupiter will remain in deep Gandanta Point or Gandanta Degrees (https://www.astrosaxena.com/gpgd) during this transit, i.e. last degree of Scorpio and 1st degree of Scorpio. It can cause emotional instability feeling of losing things and people from life.
Retrograde Movement – Jupiter is also about to retrograde from 10th April, 2019 which will make its speed really slow during this transit of 25 days.
Scorpio to Sagittarius to Scorpio – Now, Jupiter is transiting from Scorpio to Sagittarius and as per the representations of these 3 energies, we can conclude following things –
- Jupiter in Scorpio and simultaneous aspect from Rahu in Cancer from Oct, 2018 to March, 2019 has made us face some major changes and transformative circumstances in life. Jupiter has given us the lessons and wisdome to deal with such major transformation.
- Now, as Jupiter enters the own sign of knowledge, education and wisdom, i.e. Sagittarius, it will educate us and give us wisdom from those transformations we have gone through in last 6 months. It means that we will learn some lessons due to those changes of life when Jupiter is in Sagittarius for these 25 days.
- Jupiter will be conjunct by Saturn-Ketu and aspected by Rahu-Mars. It means that there will be some serious energy accumulation in Sagittarius. Saturn-Ketu will bring the seriousness to the lessons learnt and these lessons can help us lifelong. Rahu’s aspect will enhance the learning and Mars 8th aspect on Jupiter-Sagittarius can bring complete change in our belief system. It means that due to major changes in our life and lessons brought by those changes, our previous beliefs can be totally shattered and we may start looking at things with completely new perspective.
- Then if we see closely, energy doesn’t really change from Scorpio to initial part of Sagittarius as Scorpio is co-ruled by Ketu and 1st nakshatra of Sagittarius is Moola, ruled by Ketu. As Ketu is all about occult, mysticism and spirituality, Jupiter in Sagittarius will continue to give us knowledge and wisdom regarding these things.
- As Ketu is also about letting go, we will realize the things and people we need to let-go from life to live a more meaningful life.
- So, Jupiter will give us all this knowledge & wisdom in these 25 days and then when it retrogrades in Scorpio from 22nd April, 2019, we will re-visit or have a re-look at the events of last 6 months in the light of this newly found wisdom and we may realize that transformation which we went through in last 6 months might have been looking horrible at that time but with this newly found wisdom, it is the best thing to happen in life.
- Last but not the least, this transit of 25 days will give us an introduction of Jupiter’s main transit in Sagittarius from Nov, 2019 onward. We will get the glimpses of results which we can expect during majority of 2020 and will get an idea of what is coming at that time.
Moola – Then this transit of 25 days is happening in Moola Nakshatra which is about Roots or Uprooting something/someone from life. As discussed, this transit will teach us lessons about letting-go, so whichever thing or whosoever we let go from our lives in this time period might be gone forever. It means that thing or that person may not be able to comeback in our life again. Also, Jupiter’s transit in Moola may uproot things or people from our lives during these 25 days and next transit of Jupiter in Moola around year-end can bring new things or people in life to replace them.
Vulnerable Jupiter – Now, no matter what people say that Jupiter is in friendly sign in Scorpio and it is in mool trikon sign in Sagittarius, I will consider it as a vulnerable Jupiter. The main reason are –
- Jupiter is in deep Gandanta Degree.
- Jupiter is about to retrograde which can cause confusion.
- Jupiter will be in Moola Nakshatra.
- Jupiter getting conjunction and aspects of all malefic planets.
So, I would consider it as a vulnerable Jupiter.
Energy Accumulation in Sagittarius – And this is the reason why this transit is highly important although it is only for 25 days. There is a huge accumulation of energy in Sagittarius right now. Saturn-Ketu are there. Rahu-Mars are aspecting. So, Sagittarius holds a great amount of malefic energy within it and now, if its lord is weak in transit then this malefic energy can create havoc. Especially when Jupiter goes back in Scorpio which is sign of transformation and which is 12th from Sagittarius & signifies loss of Sagittarius. So, we have to be careful in things related to house where Sagittarius falls in our chart. There can be major changes in things related to that house but as always changes brought by Jupiter are always beneficial one eventually. At mundane level, we can see a rise in fundamentalism and problems for Govt as all the planets are impacting Sagittarius which is 12th from Capricorn, the sign of Govt.
Conclusion – So, this is how I see this Jupiter in Sagittarius transit and following Retrograde Jupiter transit. As always, people going through Jupiter MD/AD/Return will feel the maximum results.