As I mentioned about use of Jaimini Aspects in Divisional Charts, I feel it is fit to post an Article about Jaimini Aspects so that there is no confusion. Half information is never good. So, here it is.
Jaimini Astrology was developed by Sage Jaimini. Most of the principles of interpretation of chart are same as per Sage Parashara Astrology. The places where Jaimini system adds to Parashara system are –
Let’s check what are these concepts and how they add to the benefits of Parashara Astrology.
Karaka - Jaimini Astrology comes up with the concept of planets as karaka/significator of a particular area of life. These karakas are decided as per the degrees of planets. One thing to remember is that Rahu/Ketu are not used as a karaka regardless of their degrees. So, Jaimini Astrology gives following 7 karakas for 7 main areas of life –
- Atma Karaka – It is planet with the highest degree. It is known as Atma Karaka or Soul Significator. This planet and its position in chart will indicate towards your destination in life or life purpose.
- Amatya Karaka - It is planet with the 2nd highest degree. It is known as Amatya Karaka or support to Soul Significator. This planet and its position in chart will indicate towards things which will help you in finding your destination or life purpose. So, it is a drive up to destination. Amatya Karaka normally helps us in finding the right career path.
- Bhratru Karaka - It is planet with the 3rd highest degree. It is known as Bhratru Karaka or Significator of Siblings. This planet and its position in chart will indicate towards your relations with your siblings.
- Matru Karaka - It is planet with the 4th highest degree. It is known as Matru Karaka or Significator of Mother. This planet and its position in chart will indicate towards your relation with your Mother. It can also be seen for things like Property and Vehicles as Mother, Property and Vehicles all relate to 4th house.
- Putra Karaka - It is planet with the 5th highest degree. It is known as Putra Karaka or Significator of Child. This planet and its position in chart will indicate towards your relation with your Children and their life.
- Ghatni Karaka - It is planet with the 6th highest degree. It is known as Ghatni Karaka or Significator of Obstacles. This planet and its position in chart will indicate towards kind of obstacles and disputes coming into your life.
- Dara Karaka - It is planet with the 7th highest degree. It is known as Dara Karaka or Significator of Spouse. This planet and its position in chart will indicate towards your Spouse and relation with your Spouse.
Jagannath Hora Software gives another karaka as Pitru Karaka and includes Rahu in consideration of karakas. As yet, I am unaware of logic behind it. So, I am following the traditional 7 karakas only as stated above. I will definitely share the info if I came to know about it exhaustively. If anyone knows about it then please feel free to email me.
Yogas – Now, many yogas and Raj Yogas are defined for Jaimini Astrology, which it is not possible to state here, but a common theme is that whenever above karakas are conjunct, aspect or anyway gets connected to each other, it creates a Jaimini Yoga. Like, Atma Karaka and Amatya Karaka Conjunct or Putra Karka and Dara Karaka aspecting etc. So, anywhere if any 2 karakas are exchanging energies anyhow, that will be yoga. One Maharaja Yoga is Atma Karaka and Amatya Karaka conjunct in D-1 and D-9 both. Like this, spotting Jaimini Yogas are easy if you are aware of Jaimini Karakas.
Chara Dasha – Jaimini Astrology also provides an additional Dasha to look at besides Vimshottari Dasha system of Parashara. It is called Chara Dasha. Again, it is to confirm events from one dasha to another. If VD and CD both point towards the same event then chances of that event happening are profound. There is a specific calculation that goes into finding Chara Dasha, which we will cover later. Right now, I just wanted to give a basic info of Jaimini System.
Aspects – This is where Jaimini Astrology is most unique. Here, planets don’t aspect each other, rather zodiac signs aspect each other. With zodiac signs, planets sitting in zodiac signs aspect and impact each other. Rules behind aspect is simple –
Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces signs will aspect each other and with these signs, any planet sitting there will aspect each other too. Like, if you have Sun in Gemini and Jupiter in Pisces then although they are 10 houses/signs apart and normal planetary aspects of Sun and Jupiter are not applicable but because Gemini and Pisces signs are aspecting each other, there will be mutual aspect of Sun and Jupiter too. Like this, for all 4 signs.
Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn signs will aspect Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius, except the one right before/next to them.
So, Aries will aspect Leo, Scorpio & Aquarius, but Aries wont aspect Taurus as it is right next to Aries.
Another example, Cancer will aspect Taurus, Scorpio & Aquarius, but Cancer wont aspect Leo as it is right next to Cancer.
It goes from other side too. As in, Scorpio will aspect Aries, Cancer, Capricorn, but Scorpio wont aspect Libra as it is right before to Scorpio.
Needless to add that planets in these signs would also aspect each other. Like this, the chances of predictions increase manifold. Like this, Jaimini Astrology adds to Parashara Astrology some unique features. As always, use all systems wherever and whenever it is necessary.
Hope this brief info of Jaimini Astrology is useful.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer
Website - www.astrosaxena.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena
Mob - 7207658536