Today, let’s see Maraka Planets for Capricorn Ascendant. Please go through the introductory article on Maraka Dasha Series (https://www.astrosaxena.com/Killer1) here.
Maraka Houses and Maraka Lords – As we know that 2nd house and 7th house are Maraka Houses. For Capricorn ascendant, 2nd house/Aquarius is co-ruled by Saturn-Rahu and 7th house/Cancer is ruled by Moon. So, Saturn-Rahu and Moon become their Maraka Lords or Maraka Planets.
Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, if someone has planets in 2nd house/Aquarius or 7th house/Cancer, those planets will also be considered as Maraka Planets as their dashas will also activate Maraka Houses.
Nature of Maraka Planet – Moon is a gentle/benefic planet whereas Saturn-Rahu both are malefic planets. So in comparison to Moon, Saturn-Rahu can create bigger problems for them. At the same time, Moon remains the most feeble planet and if it is even slightly troubled due to conjunction, aspect or dignity, it can become a troublesome planet for anyone, not only Capricorn ascendant.
Lords of Other Houses – Now, let’s see what other houses Moon-Saturn-Rahu are ruling for a Capricorn ascendant person.
- Moon doesn’t rule any other house.
- Saturn, which is a natural malefic and maraka planet, also rules 1st house/Capricorn of physical body, overall health and immune system etc.
- So again, Moon is comparatively a better planet for a Capricorn ascendant chart.
Nature of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to see the nature of planets which are in maraka houses. Like, if they are natural benefic/malefic or functional benefic/malefic or Dushthana Lords etc. The more malefic nature these planets keep within them, higher the chances that their dashas can be difficult for person and he needs to be more cautious during their dashas.
Dignity of Maraka Lords – The most important factor is in which sign Moon-Saturn-Rahu are placed in a Capricorn Ascendant chart as it will decide its dignity and strength.
- Moon in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign means that person can manage to go through a maraka dasha with some positivity and can even gain during its dasha especially in matters of career, authority and wealth due to gentle/benefic nature and good dignity in these signs. But if Moon is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet, then it shows that person needs a lot of awareness and caution at disposal while dealing with its dasha. For ex, if Moon is in 11th house/Scorpio then Moon MD will activate 7th house/Cancer and as Moon is in debilitation, it can bring challenges during this dasha to the person himself or relation or mother etc. It means that they need to be extra careful about the health matters and they should be taking care even before start of maraka dasha to safely sail through this dasha.
- With Saturn again, it is imperative that it should be in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign. As it is already the most malefic planet, Saturn losing its dignity can be a big trouble for person. So, problem will be when Saturn is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with other malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further stresses the planet. That’s where person needs to be very cautious during dashas which activate Saturn.
- Rahu is never exalted or debilitated in any sign. With Rahu, we need to see if Rahu is in sign of a benefic planet or malefic planet and then how that benefic or malefic planet is placed in chart. It is better to have Rahu in benefic planet’s sign like in Taurus ruled by Venus or in Pisces ruled by Jupiter and then lords are also placed well. Problem may arise when Rahu is in Scorpio ruled by Mars-Ketu or Rahu is in Leo ruled by Sun and its lords are not in good dignity. In the end, it is all about dignity.
Dignity of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to check the dignity and strength of planets that are placed in maraka houses. Again, better the dignity, higher the chances that person will sail through maraka dasha without much damage. But if dignity is poor then an extra care is necessary. For ex, Sun in 7th house/Cancer is not of much worry but if Sun is in 2nd house/Aquarius where it is in enemy sign then person needs to be cautious during maraka dasha.
How Dashas will activate Maraka Houses? – Now, Maraka Houses for Capricorn Ascendant can get activated during dasha of Moon or Saturn or Rahu or of any planet which is in 2nd house/Aqurius or 7th house/Cancer. Also, the dasha of lord of sign/nakshatra in which Moon or Saturn or Rahu is placed will activate them and maraka dasha. For example, if Saturn is in Libra/Chitra then Venus dasha or Mars dasha can also activate Saturn and maraka houses. Likewise, for planets in maraka houses, their sign/nakshatra lord dasha can bring maraka results. Finally, we need to take into consideration dashas at all 3 major levels, i.e. Mahadasha/Antardasha/Pratyantar dasha. Overall, we need to be inclusive in this matter as it can be matter of even life or death.
Annual Transits – Likewise, I don’t think that we should wait till annual transits of planets start giving us results after activation of maraka houses through dashas. As I said, we need to be cautious, careful and aware even before the beginning of maraka dashas, so that we will have enough time in hand to safeguard ourselves. As always, awareness is the only remedy.
Maraka Planets Impact – Now, following things can cause actual death, metaphorical death or death of other things due to maraka planets –
- As usually, 2nd house/7th house are related with family life, relationship or wealth matters. So, these things can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Saturn represents diseases related with Bones, Teeth, Body-Ache, Joint-Ache, Chronic nature of diseases etc, these illnesses can bring a death-like situation.
- As Saturn rules 1st house/Capricorn too, person can face death-like situation due to weak physical body or weak immune system. As 1st house also relates to person’s life path, it shows that they can get a death-like feeling if they are unable to follow their right life path.
- As Saturn represents Law and Debts, legal or financial issues can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- As 2nd house is house of wealth and as Saturn represents Limitations, it shows that dearth of wealth can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- Rahu represents allergies and unusual illnesses. Rahu being maraka planet can bring illnesses related to these nature and can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- Rahu can also include the illnesses which are not diagnosed properly in time. This can also bring a death-like scenario for them.
- As Rahu represents cheating, fraud or illusion, such activities can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- Important thing is that Saturn-Rahu are planets of Vata Dosha. So, they need to be careful against Vata Dosha illnesses such as emphysema, pneumonia and arthritis. Other common vata disorders include flatulence, tics, twitches, aching joints, dry skin and hair, nerve disorders, constipation, and mental confusion.
- As Moon represents Mother, Mind, Emotions and feelings, all these things/people can bring a death like situation to person.
- As Moon represents Mother and Saturn represents Father Figure, relationship between Parents or with Parents can bring a death like situation to person.
- Moon represents mind & emotions, mental health issues can bring a death like situation to person.
- Then, in whichever houses Moon/Saturn/Rahu are sitting, person can feel a death-like scenario in matters of that house, especially if they are also in bad dignity. Like, if Rahu is in 10th house/Libra, it shows that person or his Father or his Public Image can face a death-like scenario if Venus is not well placed in chart being Libra lord. But if Moon is in 5th house/Taurus where it is in exaltation sign, it shows that maraka dasha may send their children away from them for a good reason like education or career. So, if Moon/Saturn/Rahu are in good dignity then it shows that even while going through a death-like situation, person will be able to gain something. But if Maraka lords are in bad dignity with no other support, then person needs to be extra cautious to minimise the damage.
- Finally, we need to check the planets sitting in maraka houses. The things/people they are karaka-of and things/people represented by the house ruled by these planets will bring death-like circumstances to person. Like, if Jupiter is in 2nd house/Aquarius then their Jupiter related people or representations can bring a death-like situation for them/their family or their spouse but it can be fine if Jupiter is in 7th house/Cancer where it is exalted.