There was a request to write about the favourable or not so favourable results of a planetary dasha period. This is also the most commonly asked question by people during consultations or sessions where they ask if a planetary position or its dasha would be good or bad. So, I think it is an important question to look into.
First, let’s understand when we can expect “favourable” results of any dasha. Needless to say that one of the common complains people have is about a certain planetary dasha not giving expected, desired or predicted results. Despite all astrological analysis and theories, many a times a planetary dasha doesn't give expected or even predicted results. As I see, there are many reasons behind this and some are as follows –
1. First reason can be the factor of human desires itself which are never ending. In such scenario, whatever we get or receive, it loses its value and we go on desiring for more and then we may feel that we didn't get enough results. It can be one of the greatest virtue to appreciate what we have, get or receive from Universe.
2. Then one major factor can be the basic nature of planet which dasha is going on. If you are under Jupiter, Venus, Mercury and Moon dasha, which are naturally benefic, then it is still worthy to expect some good results as they are providers and even in their worst case scenario, they will be providing something, at least in non-living significations/Ajeeva Karaka - https://www.astrosaxena.com/jkak.
3. But if you are under natural malefic planet dasha (Rahu, Ketu, Saturn, Mars and Sun) then you cannot expect "easy benefits". Even if they are in good dignity, as they are naturally malefics, they are supposed to create circumstances which may bring hardships for person and if person puts best efforts over a long period of time then they give some benefits.
4. Then of course there is the most important factor of dignity of planets. If a planet is in good dignity then its dasha can bring benefits but a planet in wrong dignity can bring benefits only after continuous efforts and person may feel that he got very limited results.
5. The houses a planet rules also show its impact over dasha results. If a planet is dushthana lord or Upachaya lord then results can come after facing many obstacles. If a planet is maraka lord then benefits may even come through an event like death, for example inheritance or insurance money.
6. But as I see, there is one more factor which is often overlooked while placing the expectations from a planetary dasha. That is the placement of the planet in a particular house/sign. As I see, planetary position in a particular house/sign shows in which particular area of life we should focus during a particular dasha to get its best results. In a way, it shows that we need to constantly change our life focus with the change of dasha to utilize that particular time period.
7. For example, suppose someone is under Jupiter MD and Jupiter is exalted in 7th house/Cancer. Obviously, he will be told by Astrologers that Jupiter MD can be the best time of his life and he must get best results during this dasha. With such type of expectations, he may begin this dasha. But as I see, Jupiter is exalted in 7th house/Cancer of business and masses. So, the best results can only be expected and achieved when this person is in business setup, dealing with people and sharing his knowledge with others. Now, if this person is working in job setup then he cannot expect 100% results from Jupiter MD as he is not even working in the area of life where Jupiter wants him to go. We can see similar example for different planets in different charts. If someone got best results of any dasha then it is only when he got involved in work where that planet is indicating.
8. I experienced it by myself as I completed 10 years of my Jupiter MD and Jupiter is exalted in 9th house/Cancer. For initial 4 years of Jupiter MD, I was working in corporate world and although I was receiving results of Jupiter MD in terms of wealth and knowledge but not up to the best extent. It is because my Jupiter is in 9th house and I was working in 10th house environment. So obviously, there will be frustration. Then in 2015, I switched to astrology counselling work, which is very much in alignment with Jupiter in 9th house/Cancer, and then I started getting the best of results of Jupiter as I was doing work which is reflected by Jupiter’s position.
9. So, this becomes the biggest challenge or obstacle in getting the best of results of any particular dasha. We may not be able to change our life and activities all of a sudden with the change of dasha. Especially, when it comes to switching from job to business, it is not so easy unless someone has no other option left. Likewise, it is in human nature and the biggest desire to get into relationship and if person is under 6th house or 12th house dasha, then we can only counsel him not to get into any relation during this dasha but how much that person is going to follow that advice is anyone’s guess. And if we are going against the planet’s energy and indications then obviously we can’t expect best of results during that planet’s dasha.
10. This is also why it is difficult to say if a particular planetary position or its dasha will be Good/Bad or Favourable/Not Favourable because as an Astrologer, I don’t know how you are going to utilize the time and energy? If Dasha is Business oriented and person is working in business setup only then we can say that dasha will be fine. But otherwise, it may not bring best of the promised results.
11. This is why I always advise people to get aligned with their chart and their planetary position. Then things will automatically fall in place in your life. As I always say, if you are feeling stressed and frustrated in your life then only reason is that you are trying to do something which planets don’t want you to do. Hence, the friction and the stress. Just start aligning yourself with planetary energy and you will be fine.
12. Understand this analogy –
Consider a zodiac sign/house as a flower pot, a nakshatra as the soil inside the pot and a planet as a plant. Now, the stronger the pot & the better the soil, more the plant will grow. So, the more you are engaging yourself in works related with sign or nakshatra, the better chance you are giving for planet to give you better result.
Every planetary dasha can be favourable, if you are doing something related with that planet/house/sign/nakshatra energy. Likewise, every dasha can be challenging or stressful if you are trying to go against these energies.
So in the end, good or bad/favourable or not favourable depends on your efforts and how you utilize the planetary energy.
Hope this helps. Thanks,
Swami Premanand Bharti