The 21st Nakshatra, i.e. Uttara-Ashadha Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Uttara-Ashadha Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Uttara-Ashadha Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Uttara-Ashadha Nakshatra falls within 26.40 degree of Sagittarius to 10.00 degree of Capricorn. So, Uttara-Ashadha Nakshatra spreads from Sagittarius sign to Capricorn sign.
Name and its meaning – Uttara-Ashadha means "The Later Invincible One" or "The Later Unconquered" or "The Final Victory".
Representation – Uttara-Ashadha is represented by The Elephant's Tusk.
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Uttara-Ashadha Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 5th, 12th, 24th, 36th, 44th, 48th, 59th, 61st, 67th, 72nd, 77th & 83rd year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Deities of Uttara-Ashadha are 10 Vishwadevas or Universal Gods. These are Goodness, Truth, Will Power, Skill, Time, Desire, Firmness, Ancestors, Brightness and Peak. Lord Ganesh is also the presiding deity of this nakshatra. Nakshatra lord is Sun. Sign lord in Sagittarius part of Nakshatra is Jupiter and in Capricorn part of Nakshatra is Saturn.
Mythological Story – Story of birth of Lord Ganesh is directly connected with this nakshatra due to Ganesh being presiding deity and its representation of elephant's tusk. This is story where Goddess Parvati had a mind born son Ganesh and instructed him to stand-guard as she takes bath. As Lord Shiva happened to arrive and Lord Shiva & Lord Ganesh were unknown to each other, Lord Ganesh stopped Lord Shiva from entering the place. This started a battle between them and with the help of Vishnu & other Gods, Lord Shiva finally removed the head of Lord Ganesh. Parvati was furious to know about it and as Shiv-Shakti represents the balance of masculine-feminine energy, this balance was disturbed. In the end, Vishnu promised Parvati to bring Ganesh back to life and by attaching an Elephant's head to Ganesh's body, Vishnu fulfilled his promise.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Uttara-Ashadha Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Uttara-Ashadha Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- Now again, understand Nakshatra in a series. At Moola Nakshatra where we uprooted something. Then in Purva-Ashadha, we planted new seeds for a new beginning and gave initial care. Now at Uttara-Ashadha, we will reap the results of all the hard work done in Moola & Purva-Ashadha. Hence, it is called Final Victory. This is where we start getting the results of the transformation we have gone through.
- Again, Moola is where we got all the information through research. In Purva-Ashadha, we segregated useful information from useless one and applied it in higher education. Now, we will be looking to apply same in getting some recognition in the world.
- This is because Uttara-Ashadha spreads from Sagittarius (Higher Education) to Capricorn (Authority). So, someone is taking his higher education towards getting authority or recognition in his career.
- Hence, they are very much career driven people. Its lordship of Sun also shows that Career is more important to them.
- Now, if planet is in Sagittarius section of Uttara-Ashadha then person can still be education driven but if planet is in Capricorn section of Uttara-Ashadha then these people can be highly ambitious and looking for recognition and authority in career.
- Name suggests that these people get final success or victory after putting best efforts with perseverance. This is where Saturn as lord of Capricorn plays its role.
- Ruler-ship of 10 Vishwadevas actually mean that these people can possess most of these 10 human qualities, i.e. Goodness, Truth, Will Power, Skill, Time, Desire, Firmness, Ancestors, Brightness and Peak. If we see closely, all these qualities are needed to achieve high in life. These are the qualities which can drive someone to success.
- Symbol of Elephant Tusk and mythological story show that these people can be scathing or piercing with their views. Elephant itself is a huge animal which represents the huge ambitions or achievements they may have.
- They are very strict, disciplined, stern and clever in their approach. Again, all the qualities we need for long term worldly success.
- In short, we can see them as ambitious or achievers. Capricorn or Crocodile quality of grabbing the prey (opportunity) is prominent here.
- Overall, a good nakshatra for worldly or material success. But as Saturn is impacting it, things will only manifest after hard work and perseverance.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Uttara-Ashadha Nakshatra.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/ .
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena .