The 15th Nakshatra, i.e. Swati Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Swati Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Swati Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Swati Nakshatra falls within 6.40 degree of Libra to 20.00 degree of Libra. So, Swati Nakshatra falls completely within Libra Sign.
Name and its meaning – The root word Swati is "Swa" which means Self. So, Swati also means Independent or Self-Sustaining.
Representation – Its main symbol is a tiny grass leaf blown by Wind. Wind itself is seen as symbol of Swati.
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Swati Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 3rd, 20th, 30th, 37th, 39th, 41st, 45th, 55th and 84th year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Vayu or Pawan Dev is the main presiding deity of Swati. He is known as God of Wind. Swati's lord is Rahu. Sign lord is Venus.
Mythological Story – The only apparent link of Swati Nakshatra in mythology is found with characters of Hanuman in Ramayana and Bheem in Mahabharata. They both were Son of Pawan Dev and shown all the great qualities of powerful wind in both the stories.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Swati Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Swati Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- Not only name but each and every symbol of Swati Nakshatra will indicate about independence. This is what makes Swati the most independent nakshatra ever.
- As Swati falls completely within or in middle of Libra sign, this is the nakshatra which expresses all the true qualities of Libra like Balance, Justice, Business and Fair Play.
- It is represented by Wind which is the most independent and powerful thing in the world. You cannot capture or control Wind. Same way, you cannot control a person who has Swati Nakshatra prominent in their chart. They are born to be independent.
- As Libra is sign of Business, Swati Nakshatra prominent people also like to go into business field. Actually, doing a job can be the worst career idea for them.
- Sun represents Ego and Libra is sign of Relationship. To maintain a relationship, one needs to let go of ego or egoistic desires. That's why, Sun is debilitated in Libra. But then out of 2.5 nakshatras of Libra, Swati is ruled by Rahu which eclipses Sun. Hence, Sun reaches its exact debilitation point in Swati.
- As Libra comes in between of all the signs and Swati is in middle portion of Libra, it shows that they can work very well as mediators or diplomats between 2 warring sides.
- They can be very balanced about their nature too because of same reason that it is falling in middle portion of Libra.
- Its association with Pawan Dev, Hanuman & Bheem shows that they can be very strong physically or mentally or both and they would love to live a life of independence all the way.
- Overall, the most independent and freedom loving people of all nakshatras. It is very important for them to realize the potential of their "Swa" or Own.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Swati Nakshatra.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/ .
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena .