The 24th Nakshatra, i.e. Shatabhishak Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Shatabhishak Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Shatabhishak Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Shatabhishak Nakshatra falls within 6.40 degree of Aquarius to 20.00 degree of Aquarius. So, Shatabhishak falls totally in Aquarius signs. Hence, this is where Aquarius nature of Humanitarian completely manifests.
Name and its meaning – The literal meaning of Shatabhishak is “The Hundred Physicians” or “The Hundred Healers of God”. We will see how this name itself will control the lives of Shatabhishak people.
Representation – Shatabhishak is commonly represented by an Empty Circle. It can be representation of anything in life as Human Life is always circular in nature and events.
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Shatabhishak Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 24th, 28th , 35th, 42nd, 51st to 53rd, 62nd, 65th, 67th, 68th, 75th and 81st year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Main Deity of Shatabishak is Varuna, the God of Ocean. Nakshatra lord is Rahu. Sign lord are Saturn-Rahu.
Mythological Story – As Rahu is becoming prominent for this nakshatra because it is Nakshatra Lord and Sign Lord, the mythological story of Rahu-Ketu coming into existence from the divine disc of Lord Vishnu can be linked here. Also, Rahu her works for humanitarian purposes as Shatabhishak and Aquarius both represent the same. So, it is not a demonic energy here. Mythological Link of this Nakshatra is also established with many of characters of Ramayana as characters like Ram, Sita, Lakshman, Urmila, Bharat & Mandvi never needed to sacrifice their lives like they did in Ramayana but this is the nature of Shatabhishak Nakshatra, i.e. to live life for others.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Shatabhishak Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Shatabhishak Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- As it is falling in the middle of Aquarius sign, all the Aquarian qualities and traits like serving humanity or serving a higher cause is directly linked with Shatabhishak Nakshatra.
- Aquarius Sign and Shatabhishak Nakshatra people live their lives for others. Their life is much of Service or Sacrifice. At many a times they feel that their life is completely a loss in materialistic terms.
- As Shatabhishak means 100 physicians or healers of God, this nakshatra is mainly connected with medical profession or healers. Even if they don’t have any degree of medical studies, still they will be naturally better than many certified Doctors.
- Even if they are not in medical services, they would be engaged in some actions of serving others and helping others. Somehow they want to serve humanity and help a higher cause.
- As these days Aquarius is also linked with multi-national companies, these people in their initial career may work in MNCs but later on they would love to be an Entrepreneur.
- Besides Medicine, this nakshatra is also connected with technological inventions and serving humanity through it. They are also involved in Media related work.
- As its deity is God of Ocean Varuna, they can hide many secrets within them. From outside, they may look like calm person but inside them a cyclone may be going on.
- The symbolism of empty circle again relates to circle of life & death and futility of our materialistic efforts. It again shows that we should dedicate ourselves to serving humanity before it is too late.
- They like to socialize with people but they are seen as very eccentric people by others. Their humanitarian nature is also an obstacle to gain material success which is based in cut-throat competition.
- Overall, they are humanitarians and they live their life for others. Also, they feel that they never get their due credit for the duties done and provided.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Shatabhishak Nakshatra.