The 11th Nakshatra, i.e. Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra falls within 13.20 degree of Leo to 26.40 degree of Leo. So, Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra falls completely within Leo sign.
Name and its meaning – Phalguni literally translates into Reddish or Red. So, Purva-Phalguni means the Earlier Reddish One. It's another name is The Fig Tree.
Representation – It's main representation or symbol is through front legs of a Bed or Cot. At some places, Swinging Hammock is also used to represent it.
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 5th, 24th, 29th and 37th year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Bhaga, one of the twelve Adityas, who is known as God of Delight, Pleasure or Indulgence is the main deity of Purva-Phalguni. Nakshatra lord is Venus. Sign Lord is Sun.
Mythological Story – The main story related with Purva-Phalguni is about worshipping of Shiva-Lingam which is considered as Cosmic-Pillar keeping the balance of Universe as per Linga Purana, one of the 18 Mahapuranas. It is when the 7 Sages were visited by Lord Shiva in naked form and the Womenfolks of Ashram got scared by looking at his Lingam. 7 Sages got angry and cursed that his Lingam may fall-off. Shiva knowing what would be the end result, still accepted the wish of 7 Sages and agreed that his Lingam may be castrated. At the same moment, the balance of Universe was disturbed and Lord Brahma had to intervene. He ordered the 7 sages to immediately worship the castrated Lingam. 7 Sages did that. Lord Shiva got pleased by their devotion and Universe found its balance again.
Of course, the whole story is symbolic and it may take few sessions of discussion and research to understand the real interpretation of this story.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- If Leo sign expresses its nature of royalty or authority through Magha Nature, it expresses its nature of love, romance, playfulness and creativity through Purva-Phalguni nakshatra.
- Leo is given so many significations of Royalty & Authority that we tend to forget that it is 5th sign which represents the energy of 5th house of Love and Romance. So, Leo is also sign of Love & Romance which gets its expression through Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra. May be that's why Venus rules it.
- And if we see all the things associated with this nakshatra, we will realize that it is a nakshatra of love making and having sex. It is a nakshatra of being playful in romance.
- As it comes after Magha, it is easy to understand why Purva-Phalguni represents all the pleasures of life. Magha gives the Kingdom to person. Now after getting Kingdom, you are supposed to enjoy it for some time by indulging yourself in everything fine and luxurious.
- It is represented by front legs of cot or bed which itself shows the time to relax or the time to make love. These people can be very sexual by nature.
- Its deity is Bhaga, the God of delight, pleasure and indulgence. It is again an indication towards pleasure of life. These people can be hurting others if their pleasure is disturbed.
- Besides that, this nakshatra is associated with creative pursuits, hobbies, talents and passion as it is ruled by Venus and Leo is also sign of creativity. These people can make earning through their creativity. They may like to be center of attraction or in focus.
- As it is ruled by Venus, it is a nakshatra of Finance and Wealth too. People having this nakshatra prominent can gain a lot from financial world, like stock and shares.
- It is also about living a luxurious life and these people may have a liking for living a lavish life. They may like to have all the fine things in life.
- As it is so closely related with love making, it is obviously linked with procreation or child-birth.
- So, love, romance, creativity, indulgence, lavish life and financial nature of work are common signications of Purva-Phalguni.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Purva-Phalguni Nakshatra.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer
Website - www.astrosaxena.com
For Tarrot Card Readings, Please contact - https://www.psychicworldoftiara.com/
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena