Today, meaning of Mars’s aspect in Horoscope.
Let’s take a look at those things which matter here –
Reasons behind Special Aspects of Mars.
Dignity of Mars.
Retrograde or Combust Mars.
Interpretation of Aspects.
Let’s cover all the points one after the other –
Mars - Mars represents our will power, courage, ability to take actions, aggressive nature, anger, our fighting ability, brother, male friends, a boy friend for a girl, a soldier, an athlete and real estate etc.
Mars’s Aspects – In Astrology, Mars has 3 aspects. Mars aspects 4th house from its position, 7th house from its position and 8th house from its position. So, if Mars is at 1st house in chart then it will aspect 4th house, 7th house and 8th house. If Mars is at 3rd house, it will aspect 6th house, 9th house and 10th house. So, this way Mars aspects at 3 different houses from its place. As we know that normally planets aspect only 7th house from its place, so we can say that Mars has 2 special aspects, i.e. 4th house and 8th house aspect.
Reasons behind Special Aspects of Mars – Now, why Mars got these 2 additional special aspects?
- 4th house – 4th house is house of Home, Land & Real Estate. Mars is main karaka of Land and Real Estate. It can be said that Mars is also karaka of Efforts & Actions. Agreed but Mars is not the only karaka of efforts and action. Saturn is another planet which represents our actions, duties and hard work. But Mars is only planet which is karaka of Land & Real Estate. So, Mars got the 4th house aspect.
- 8th house – 8th house is house of Death & Re-birth, Transformation etc. Mars is again karaka of 8th house. Again, Saturn is also karaka of 8th house but 8th house represents the energy of Scorpio which is ruled by Mars. Hence, Mars again has a reason to get the 8th house aspect.
Dignity of Mars – Now, to interpret aspects of Mars correctly, we need to understand Mars’s dignity correctly in chart because Mars is all about actions, so Mars’s dignity will tell us about the dignity of actions. Like if Mars is exalted then person will take legal or righteous action to get anything but if it is debilitated then he may be illegal in his approach or even cheat or violent towards anyone to achieve it. A neutral dignity will tell that person is calm when he takes action. In friendly signs, person gets charged up to achieve goals. This person may be a go getter but may not break the law. In enemy signs, Mars will be aggressive and frustrated and can be violent. Following is the dignity of Mars in different signs –
- Mars in Fire Signs (Aries, Leo or Sagittarius) – Fiery Energy. Go Getter and very much action oriented but well within control and works under the law.
- Mars in Capricorn – Exalted. Best Law Abiding Mars.
- Mars in Aquarius - Enemy Sign for Mars. If no other support or Saturn is not well placed then it would represent Agitated or Frustrated Energy. Mars does well here from 30s. Till then Saturn will make Mars do repetitive Hard Work.
- Mars in Cancer – Debilitated. If no other support or yoga, person may not take dignified actions to achieve anything.
- Mars in Taurus or Libra – Neutral Sign. Balanced Energy of taking actions.
- Mars in Gemini or Virgo – Enemy Signs. Agitated or Dominating Energy of taking actions.
- Mars in Pisces – Friendly Sign. Spiritual Energy. Not interested in achieving anything except the thing which comes on its own.
- Mars in Scorpio – Own Sign. Extremely strong-willed and determined to achieve what they aim for.
We also need to take into consideration that Mars gains directional strength in 10th house and loses it in 4th house. So, its position in these houses also changes the interpretations of its aspects.
Also, we need to take the energy of the houses which Mars rules in a particular chart through its signs Aries and Scorpio.
Last but not the least; the age of maturity of Mars is 31 years. So, if someone is older than 31, result may be more favourable as it is now a matured energy.
Retrograde or Combust Mars – Retrograde or Combust Mars gains its strength through years and becomes more favourable to individual since 30s. So, such a person may be very lethargic or may not have right idea of taking actions till he reaches 30s. So, while interpreting Mars’s aspects, we also need to keep this in mind.
Interpretation of Aspects – Now finally, following will be the way to interpret Mars’s aspects –
- 4th house aspect – As 4th house relates to Land & Real Estate and Mars wants to capture/control something through its actions, it shows that wherever Mars’s 4th house aspect goes in chart, person wants to capture, control or own something related with that house. Like, person with Mars in 2nd house may want to control or own things related with 5th house, more appropriately Sports as 5th house is house of Sports and Mars is karaka of Athlete. If Mars is in 4th house, controlling actions go at 7th house of spouse. Like this, every 4th house aspect of Mars will signify what a person wants to capture or control anything.
- 7th house aspect – Mars’s 7th house aspect is always of dominance, control or being possessive about things related with 7th house. Person wants to dominate the things or people related with 7th house from Mars. Like, Mars in 1st house person will dominate his/her spouse and try to control or being possessive about the spouse. Mars in 3rd house person will control his Teachers and Gurus. He may not agree with whatever is taught to him by his Gurus and will dominate them.
- 8th house aspect – 8th house is house of changes and ups/downs. Wherever Mars’s 8th house aspect goes, that house sees lots of changes and twists & turns. But at the same time, it is an aspect of determination and person remains determined to understand the reason of instability of that house and correct it. Like, Mars in 10th house may give troubles in love life as Mars’s 8th house aspect goes to 5th house of love/romance. It may even disturb education. But person will remain determined and in 30s, he may be able to achieve these things. Again, Mars in 2nd house will send 8th house aspect at 9th house and completing higher education will become a hard nut to crack for this person. He may not share pleasant relation with father.
- So, this is the way aspects of Mars can be interpreted but again, dignity given above will decide how a person will try to act, control or capture?
So, this is a basic idea of how Mars’s aspect will work in your chart. Action, Energy. Control, Dominance and Determination will be the key words with Mars.
Hope this helps. Please feel free to post comments and queries, if any.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer
Website - www.astrosaxena.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena
Mobile App - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.astrosaxena.app
Mob - 7207658536