The 13th Nakshatra, i.e. Hasta Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Hasta Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Hasta Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Hasta Nakshatra falls within 10.00 degree Virgo to 23.20 degree of Virgo. So, Hasta Nakshatra falls completely into Virgo sign. This is where Virgo nature & energy get intense.
Name and its meaning – Hasta literally means Hand. It is as simple as this. Another meaning taken of Hasta is "Laughter" because of the root word "Has".
Representation – Obviously, Hasta will be represented by Hand. More specifically, Palm of the Hand. Another symbol is Clinched Fist. The 3rd symbol used is Potter's Wheel, but all the symbols are somewhere connected with Hands or working with Hands.
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Hasta Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 3rd, 6th, 22nd, 24th, 46th, 50th, 68th, 77th and 79th year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Savitar, one of the twelve Adityas, is the main deity of Hasta. Savitar is known for Jovial Nature and being Skilful. Nakshatra lord is Moon. Sign Lord is Mercury.
Mythological Story – I didn't get any specific mythological story for Hasta Nakshatra, so please feel free to post in comments if you know any such story.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Hasta Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Hasta Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- Now again, things are happening in series. In Magha, a person gets the Kingdom or Throne. In Purva-Phalguni, he enjoys the initial days of King-hood in some luxury, pomp & glory, then he starts managing the affairs of Kingdom and looks after the work to be done. Now in Hasta, it is time to really get down and perform the task.
- Hasta's association with Hands itself indicates that this is nakhatra of Hard Work and most hard working people. We can say that things don't happen in life for them easily, so they become very hard working.
- Actually, the Hard Working and Combating nature of Virgo gets expressed through Hasta Nakshatra.
- As it is represented by Hand or Clinched Fist, these people can be very ambitious and may like to achieve big in life.
- But in matters of relationship, same clinched fist takes the shape of possessive or controlling nature. So, they can be very controlling in matters of relationship.
- The symbol of Potter Wheel shows them as skillful people. So, all people with hand-skills can be seen through Hasta Nakshatra.
- As it is represented by Palm, Palmistry is one of the common interests & skills seen through Hasta Nakshatra.
- Hasta is ruled by Moon which nourishes/takes care of others and Virgo is also sign of healing & health care, so Hasta also indicates about career or interest in health care.
- As Hasta is ruled by Moon and Mercury is Son of Moon, Mercury gets exalted in this nakshatra.
- Overall, this nakshatra is all about hard work and facing your challenges head-on. That's where Hasta gives best results.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Hasta Nakshatra.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/ .
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena .