This is a unique way in Vedic Astrology of looking at someone's destiny in this life. As destiny always correspond with someone's Life Path or Career, this is one of the most helpful way to know the Career of person. In my recent Career Consultations, I have used it repeatedly and found that it works & corresponds with the life path/career seen through rest of the chart. Again, don't depend on one placement or concept to judge anything in your chart. Chart must be analysed as a whole.
Let's cover this concept on following points -
1. Concept of Bhrigu Bindu.
2. Calculation of Bhrigu Bindu.
3. Jagannath Hora Software.
4. Application of Bhrigu Bindu.
As always, let’s deal with all the points’ one after the other –
1. Concept of Bhrigu Bindu (BB) – As name suggests, I would assume that this concept is from Bhrigu Sanhita or Bhrigu Nadi Jyotish and invention of Sage Bhrigu. Another reason behind this assumption is this concept is based on Rahu’s position in chart and, as I heard, original text of Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra didn’t include Rahu & Ketu. But all this is hearsay information, please don’t quote me on that. Main reason behind my natural assumption is the name of Sage Bhrigu is accompanied with this concept. So, this concept says that middle point of Rahu and Moon in your chart is your Destiny Point or Bhrigu Bindu. What does it mean? It means that 1st check where Rahu is placed in your chart (Sign, House and Degree) and then check where Moon is placed in your chart (Sign, House and Degree) and then calculate the distance between these two planets degree-wise and then divide the degree by 2. Now, whatever remainder has come, count the same number of degrees from Rahu. In whichever house it falls, that house will become your Bhrigu Bindu or Destiny Point. It means your destiny will revolve around that house, house lord or planets impacting that house either by placement or aspect.
2. Calculation of Bhrigu Bindu (BB) – Now, let’s understand this not-so complicated calculation with following three examples –
- Suppose for Aries Ascendant, someone has Rahu in Aries in 1st house at 10 degrees and Moon at Leo in 5th house at 20 degree. Now, let’s calculate degree-wise distance between Rahu and Moon. Rahu has 20 degrees to cover in Aries = 20 degrees. Then 30 degrees each of Taurus, Gemini, Cancer = 30 x 3 = 90 degrees. Then 20 degrees of Leo where Moon is sitting = 20 degrees. So, the distance between Rahu & Moon is 20 + 90 + 20 = 130 degrees. Now, divide it by 2. 130/2 = 65 degrees. Now, count 65 degrees from Rahu’s position. Rahu is at 10 degrees Aries in 1st house. So, 20 degrees of Aries/1st house + 30 degrees of Taurus/2nd house + 15 degrees of Gemini/3rd house will make 65 degrees from Rahu. Hence, we will arrive at 3rd house/Gemini as Bhrigu Bindu. This person’s destiny will always revolve around matters of 3rd house, i.e. Business, Communication, Counselling/Teaching, Younger Siblings, wherever 3rd house lord Mercury is placed and whichever planets impact the 3rd house by sitting or aspecting it.
- Now, a tough example. Suppose for Cancer Ascendant, someone has Rahu in Scorpio in 5th house at 23 degrees and Moon at Virgo in 3rd house at 18 degree. Now, let’s calculate degree-wise distance between Rahu and Moon. Rahu has 7 degrees to cover in Scorpio = 7 degrees. Then 30 degrees each of Sagittarius to Leo, means 9 signs in total = 30 x 9 = 270 degrees. Then 18 degrees of Virgo where Moon is sitting = 18 degrees. So, the distance between Rahu & Moon is 7+270+18 = 295 degrees. Now, divide it by 2. 295/2 = 147.5 degrees. Now, count 147.5 degrees from Rahu’s position. Rahu is at 23 degrees Scorpio in 5th house. So, 7 degrees of Scorpio/5th house + 30 degrees each of Sagittarius to Pisces/6th house to 9th house + 20.5 degrees of Aries/10th house will make 147.5 degrees from Rahu. Hence, we will arrive at 10th house/Aries as Bhrigu Bindu. This person’s destiny will always revolve around matters of 10th house, i.e. Career, Govt, Law, Status, Rank, Society etc, wherever 10th house lord Mars is placed and whichever planets impact the 10th house by sitting or aspecting it.
- Now, you can also use minutes with degrees in Calculation. Like for Scorpio Ascendant, someone has Rahu in Leo in 10th house at 24.20 degrees and Moon at Taurus in 7th house at 13.45 degree. Now, let’s calculate degree-wise distance between Rahu and Moon. Rahu has 5.40 degrees to cover in Leo = 5.40 degrees. Then 30 degrees each of Leo to Aries, means 9 signs in total = 30 x 9 = 270 degrees. Then 13.45 degrees of Taurus where Moon is sitting = 13.45 degrees. So, the distance between Rahu & Moon is 5.40 + 270 + 13.45 = 289.25 degrees. Now, divide it by 2. 289.25/2 = 144.45 degrees about. Now, count 144.45 degrees from Rahu’s position. Rahu is at 24.20 degrees Leo in 10th house. So, 5.40 degrees of Leo/10th house + 30 degrees each of Virgo to Sagittarius/11th house to 2nd house + 19.05 degrees of Capricorn/3rd house will make 144.45 degrees from Rahu. Hence, we will arrive at 3rd house/Capricorn as Bhrigu Bindu. This person’s destiny will always revolve around matters of 3rd house, i.e. Business, Communication, Counselling/Teaching, Younger Siblings, wherever 3rd house lord Saturn is placed and whichever planets impact the 3rd house by sitting or aspecting it.
3. Jagannath Hora Software – Now, I can understand if this calculation is little tedious for few. Although, it can be mastered by calculating over 10-15 charts but there is a easy way of downloading Jagannath Hora Software which is available for free online at this link - http://www.vedicastrologer.org/jh/. This software shows Bhrigu Bindu as BB in one of the house of horoscope. So, you need not to calculate it and you can directly try to interpret it. This software also shows BB for Divisional Charts which we can take destiny point where that particular area of life (corresponding to D chart) will revolve. Like, if BB is at 3rd house in D-9 chart of Marriage, it means marriage will prosper if person can communicate well with partner or communications between couple will be foundation of marriage but again we need to check 3rd house lord and planets impacting 3rd house. Likewise, if BB is at 4th house in D-10 chart of Career then it means destiny of person’s career will revolve around working from home or private places or having a home based Business or Career in Real Estate but again we need to check 4th house lord and planets impacting 4th house.
4. Application of Bhrigu Bindu – Generic concept is that whichever house BB is falling into, your destiny will revolve around the things and people connected with that house. But as generally it happens with astrology, this is again half information. Your destiny will not only revolve around things and people of BB house but destiny will also have important association with the house where the house lord is placed and also with the planets sitting or aspecting BB house. Like, if someone’ BB is 3rd house where he has Sun-Mercury-Mars at Capricorn. So, 3rd house signification, 3rd house lord Saturn natural significations, significations of house where Saturn is placed and then natural significations and house ruler-ship of Sun-Mercury-Mars in the chart will have its impact on the destiny of person. Last but not the least, we also need to check the aspects at 3rd house or any yoga which 3rd house planet is forming.
5. Conclusion – As discussed above and as I said, it is a good way to find someone’s right life path and career but as always, nothing should be used as a quick way to predict in Astrology. So, don’t jump on to conclusion if you see BB in 5th house that person will have career in Creative Field because that person may not go through MD of 5th house during his active career oriented age. So, this is also one of the way to predict things but it is not the only way to predict things. It should be used in combination of other steps of finding right life path or career path as I discussed earlier in http://astrosaxena.com/careercounsultations.
Hope this helps. Thanks,