So here we start the final set of Nakshatras which includes 9 visible and 1 invisible nakshatra.
The 19th Nakshatra, i.e. Moola Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Moola Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Moola Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Moola Nakshatra falls within 0 degree of Sagittarius to 13.20 degree of Sagittarius. So, Moola Nakshatra falls totally into Sagittarius sign.
Name and its meaning – Moola literally means or can be translated into The Roots.
Representation – Moola is represented by bunch of roots tied together.
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Moola Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 6th, 7th, 25th, 30th, 34th, 35th, 36th, 60th, 64th, 81st or 87th year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Deity of Moola is Nritti, the Goddess of destruction. Moola's lord is Ketu. Sign lord is Jupiter.
Mythological Story – As Moola is ruled by Nritti, the Goddess of Destruction, any story of destruction of Evil and re-establishment of Good can be considered as the story of Moola. So, all the stories like Ramayana or Mahabharata where evil was uprooted for resumption of good can be directly linked to Moola Nakshatra.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Moola Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Moola Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- 1st of all, energy doesn't completely change from Scorpio to 13.20 degree of Sagittarius because Ketu co-rules Scorpio and Moola is ruled by Ketu only.
- As Moola is translated in and represented by Roots, these people are very good at any research activity. If they are given any task, they will always research about it and go up to the root level of that activity.
- Likewise, they like to find the root cause of any problem they face in their life.
- As Moola is ruled by Ketu which represents our past-life karma, if any relationship oriented planet is there in Moola, it shows that person can have some past life karma with another person in relationship.
- Mula is ruled by Nritti which is Goddess of Destruction. It sounds horrible but destruction is 1st phase of creating anything new. If you want to create something new, you have to destroy the existing.
- Hence, whichever planet is there in Moola, person can go through a destruction phase in matters related to that planet and then he creates new things again.
- As Ketu rules it, a kind of separation or isolation is always felt in matters related to the planet in Moola, like if Venus or Jupiter is there, person can have a relation then feel separated from that same relation. Person may not feel a sense of completion in those matters.
- As it is all about research, these people have great interest in occult, mysticism or any research oriented matter. They can be seen as perfect mystics.
- Again, a new series of nakshatra begins with Moola where we do a lot of research and collect lots of information. In next couple of nakshatras we will find out how we utilize this information.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Moola Nakshatra.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer