Today, let’s see Maraka Planets for Taurus Ascendant. Please go through the introductory article on Maraka Dasha Series (https://www.astrosaxena.com/Killer1) here.
Maraka Houses and Maraka Lords – As we know that 2nd house and 7th house are Maraka Houses. For Taurus ascendant, 2nd house/Gemini is ruled by Mercury and 7th house/Scorpio is co-ruled by Mars-Ketu. So, Mercury-Mars-Ketu become their Maraka Lords or Maraka Planets.
Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, if someone has planets in 2nd house/Gemini or 7th house/Scorpio, those planets will also be considered as Maraka Planets as their dashas will also activate Maraka Houses.
Nature of Maraka Planet – Now first of all, we need to check the nature of Maraka Planets involved –
- Mercury – Mercury is a neutral planet which changes its nature as per the nature of planets it is conjunct with or as per the nature of planet is whose sign it is in.
- Mars-Ketu – Mars and Ketu both are malefic planets by nature.
Lords of Other Houses – Now, these maraka planets would also rule some other houses –
- Mercury – Mercury also rules 5th house/Virgo which is a Dharma House.
- Mars – Mars also rules 12th house/Aries which is Dushthana House.
- So, if we compare these planets then Mercury is not as difficult as Mars-Ketu because Mercury is a neutral planet plus Dharma Lord whereas Mars-Ketu are malefic planet with Mars also being a Dushthana Lord. So, a Taurus ascendant person needs to be more careful with Mars-Ketu dasha than Mercury dasha.
Nature of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to see the nature of planets which are in maraka houses. Like, if they are natural benefic/malefic or functional benefic/malefic or Dushthana Lords etc. The more malefic nature these planets keep within them, higher the chances that their dashas can be difficult for person and he needs to be more cautious during their dashas.
Dignity of Maraka Lords – The most important factor is in which sign Mercury-Mars-Ketu are placed in a Taurus Ascendant chart as it will decide its dignity and strength.
- Mercury in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign means that person can manage to go through a maraka dasha with some positivity and can even gain during its dasha if it is turning into a benefic planet due to conjunction/rulership and it is in good dignity in these signs. But if Mercury is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet, then it shows that person needs a lot of awareness and caution at disposal while dealing with its dasha. For ex, if Mercury is in 11th house/Pisces, then person can have lots of financial/family issues as Mercury impacts 2nd house and 11th house both. It means that they need to be extra careful about the wealth matters and they should be taking care even before start of maraka dasha to safely sail through this dasha.
- In case of Mars, it is necessary that it should be in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign as it is still a naturally malefic planet. A malefic planet is bound to bring some challenges in life. Real trouble will be when Mar is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet. That’s where person needs to be very cautious during Mars dashas
- Ketu is never exalted or debilitated in any sign. With Ketu, we need to see if Ketu is in sign of a benefic planet or malefic planet and then how that benefic or malefic planet is placed in chart. It is better to have Ketu in benefic planet’s sign like in Taurus ruled by Venus or in Pisces ruled by Jupiter and then lords are also placed well. Problem may arise when Ketu is in Capricorn ruled by Saturn or Ketu is in Leo ruled by Sun and its lords are not in good dignity. In the end, it is all about dignity.
Dignity of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to check the dignity and strength of planets that are placed in maraka houses. Again, better the dignity, higher the chances that person will sail through maraka dasha without much damage. But if dignity is poor then an extra care is necessary. For ex, Venus in 2nd house/Gemini is not of much worry but if Moon is in 7th house/Scorpio where it is debilitated then person needs to be cautious during maraka dasha.
How Dashas will activate Maraka Houses? – Now, Maraka Houses for Taurus Ascendant can get activated during dasha of Mercury or Mars or Ketu or any planet which is in 2nd house/Gemini or 7th house/Scorpio. Also, the dasha of lord of sign/nakshatra in which Mercury or Mars or Ketu is placed will activate them and maraka dasha. For ex, if Mercury is in Libra/Chitra then Venus dasha or Mars dasha can also activate Mercury and maraka houses. Likewise, for planets in maraka houses, their sign/nakshatra lord dasha can bring maraka results. Finally, we need to take into consideration dashas at all 3 major levels, i.e. Mahadasha/Antardasha/Pratyantar dasha. Overall, we need to be inclusive in this matter as it can be matter of even life or death. As I see, the most difficult dasha a Taurus ascendant person can go through is Mercury-Mars or Mars-Mercury dasha. Not only because they both are maraka planets for Taurus ascendant people but they are also great enemies to each other.
Annual Transits – Likewise, I don’t think that we should wait till annual transits of planets start giving us results after activation of maraka houses through dashas. As I said, we need to be cautious, careful and aware even before the beginning of maraka dashas, so that we will have enough time in hand to safeguard ourselves. As always, awareness is the only remedy.
Maraka Planets Impact – Now, following things can cause actual death, metaphorical death or death of other things due to maraka planets –
- As Mercury represents business, communication and siblings etc, these things or people can create a death-like circumstances for them.
- As Mercury represents travelling too, it shows a kind of symbolic death to person because he is always away and family members feel his loss.
- Likewise, Mercury’s nature of collection of information and representation of business can keep person so busy that others may feel a loss of the person.
- As Mercury rules 5th house/Virgo too, the representations of 5th house like children, love partner, stock market and education can make a person feel that he is going through an experience like death.
- Then it depends in which house Mercury is placed and in what dignity it is there? If it is in good dignity, then person can eventually gain through those death-like situations. If it is in weak dignity then person needs to show lots of caution and awareness to avoid such death-like transformative circumstances.
- With Mars-Ketu things can become more difficult as they both are malefic planets. Mars-Ketu together and the sign of Scorpio represent accidents, blood-shed, violence and surgeries. So, they need to be careful against these events to safeguard themselves.
- As Mars represents brothers and male-friends, these people can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- As Mars rules 12th house/Aries, foreign lands, spirituality, health issues or financial losses can bring death-like situations for them.
- As Ketu represents weapons, cutting and splitting things, these events can bring a death-like situation for them.
- Needless to say that family life and relationship life can bring major transformation for them as it brings transformations for everyone.
- Finally, we need to check the planets sitting in maraka houses. The things/people they are karaka-of and things/people represented by the house ruled by these planets will bring death like circumstances to person. Like, we discussed about Moon in 7th house/Scorpio which is their 3rd house/Cancer lord. So, their mother or mother-like figures in life, younger sibling or business can bring death-like scenario for them.
Conclusion – This is how maraka houses, maraka planets or maraka dashas may impact the life of a Taurus Ascendant person.
Hope this helps. Thanks,
Hope this helps. Thanks,
Swami Premanand Bharti
Swami Premanand Bharti