Today, let’s see Maraka Planets for Libra Ascendant. Please go through the introductory article on Maraka Dasha Series (https://www.astrosaxena.com/Killer1) here.
Maraka Houses and Maraka Lords – As we know that 2nd house and 7th house are Maraka Houses. For Libra ascendant, 2nd house/Scorpio is co-ruled by Mars-Ketu and 7th house/Aries is ruled by Mars. So, Mars-Ketu become their Maraka Lords or Maraka Planets.
Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, if someone has planets in 2nd house/Scorpio or 7th house/Aries, those planets will also be considered as Maraka Planets as their dashas will also activate Maraka Houses.
Nature of Maraka Planet – Now, the main thing here is that Mars-Ketu both are malefic plants which shows that Maraka Dasha for a Libra person can be difficult but as Ketu is a demon planet representing separation/isolation, Ketu dasha can be more troublesome than Mars dasha.
Lords of Other Houses – Now, important thing is that Mars or Ketu don’t rule any other house in a Libra ascendant chart. This makes it easier to interpret maraka planets or maraka dasha for Libra ascendants as we need not to check any other house ruled by Mars and Ketu.
Nature of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to see the nature of planets which are in maraka houses. Like, if they are natural benefic/malefic or functional benefic/malefic or Dushthana Lords etc. The more malefic nature these planets keep within them, higher the chances that their dashas can be difficult for person and he needs to be more cautious during their dashas.
Dignity of Maraka Lords – The most important factor is in which sign Mars-Ketu are placed in a Libra Ascendant chart as it will decide its dignity and strength.
- In case of Mars, it is necessary that it should be in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign as it is still a naturally malefic planet. A malefic planet is bound to bring some challenges in life. Real trouble will be when Mar is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet. That’s where person needs to be very cautious during Mars dashas
- Ketu is never exalted or debilitated in any sign. With Ketu, we need to see if Ketu is in sign of a benefic planet or malefic planet and then how that benefic or malefic planet is placed in chart. It is better to have Ketu in benefic planet’s sign like in Taurus ruled by Venus or in Pisces ruled by Jupiter and then lords are also placed well. Problem may arise when Ketu is in Capricorn ruled by Saturn or Ketu is in Leo ruled by Sun and its lords are not in good dignity. In the end, it is all about dignity
Dignity of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to check the dignity and strength of planets that are placed in maraka houses. Again, better the dignity, higher the chances that person will sail through maraka dasha without much damage. But if dignity is poor then an extra care is necessary. For example, Moon in 2nd house/Scorpio is debilitated and can cause health issues during its dasha & person needs to be cautious during maraka dasha but if Mars is in 2nd house/Scorpio where it is in own sign then although Mars is a malefic + maraka planet but person can sail through maraka dasha as it is in good dignity.
How Dashas will activate Maraka Houses? – Now, Maraka Houses for Libra Ascendant can get activated during dasha of Mars or Ketu or of any planet which is in 2nd house/Scorpio or 7th house/Aries. Also, the dasha of lord of sign/nakshatra in which Mars or Ketu is placed will activate them and maraka dasha. For example, if Mars is in Taurus/Rohini then Venus dasha or Moon dasha can also activate Mars and maraka houses. Likewise, for planets in maraka houses, their sign/nakshatra lord dasha can bring maraka results. Finally, we need to take into consideration dashas at all 3 major levels, i.e. Mahadasha/Antardasha/Pratyantar dasha. Overall, we need to be inclusive in this matter as it can be matter of even life or death.
Annual Transits – Likewise, I don’t think that we should wait till annual transits of planets start giving us results after activation of maraka houses through dashas. As I said, we need to be cautious, careful and aware even before the beginning of maraka dashas, so that we will have enough time in hand to safeguard ourselves. As always, awareness is the only remedy.
Maraka Planets Impact – Now, following things can cause actual death, metaphorical death or death of other things due to maraka planets –
- As usually, 2nd house/7th house are related with family life, relationship or wealth matters. So, these things can bring a death-like situation to person.
- With Mars-Ketu, things can become more difficult as they both are malefic planets. Mars-Ketu together and the sign of Scorpio represent accidents, blood-shed, violence and surgeries. So, they need to be careful against these events to safeguard themselves.
- As Mars represents brothers and male-friends, these people can bring a death-like scenario for them.
- As Mars rules 7th house/Aries, business, partnership or partner, other people we meet through own business can bring a death-like situation for them.
- Mars represents real estate related matters. Since Mahabharat times, possession over Land has brought death-like situations to many.
- Mars also represents aggressive nature, anger, possessive nature, control or dominance. These traits can bring a death-like situation to person
- As Ketu represents weapons, cutting and splitting things, these events can bring a death-like situation for them.
- Ketu represents meditation, spirituality, letting-go and other spiritual pursuits etc. It shows that spiritual pursuits or events like liberation or enlightenment can bring a social death of individual.
- Ketu also represents research and investigation. It shows that person can become so much involved with his research work that it may be like his social death towards others.
- Then in whichever houses Mars/Ketu are sitting, person can feel a death-like scenario in matters of that house, especially if they are also in bad dignity. Like, if Mars is in 10th house/Cancer then Mars dasha can also bring a death-like situation to person’s Father. But as always, it is about dignity of planets involved. So, if Mars/Ketu are in good dignity then it shows that even while going through a death-like situation, person will be able to gain something. But if Maraka lords are in bad dignity with no other support, then person needs to be extra cautious to minimise the damage.
- Finally, we need to check the planets sitting in maraka houses. The things/people they are karaka-of and things/people represented by the house ruled by these planets will bring death-like circumstances to person. Like, if Moon is in 2nd house/Scorpio then person can see a death-like situation to Mother or due to any other significances of Moon and the 10th house/Cancer ruled by Moon.