Today, let’s see Maraka Planets for Cancer Ascendant. Please go through the introductory article on Maraka Dasha Series (https://www.astrosaxena.com/Killer1) here.
Maraka Houses and Maraka Lords – As we know that 2nd house and 7th house are Maraka Houses. For Cancer ascendant, 2nd house/Leo is ruled by Sun and 7th house/Capricorn is ruled by Saturn. So, Sun-Saturn become their Maraka Lords or Maraka Planets.
Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, if someone has planets in 2nd house/Leo or 7th house/Capricorn, those planets will also be considered as Maraka Planets as their dashas will also activate Maraka Houses.
Nature of Maraka Planet – Now, here things are difficult for Cancer ascendant people. Not only Sun and Saturn both are malefic planets but they are also great enemies to each other. Hence, Maraka Planets are creating some big problems for them.
Lords of Other Houses – Now, another problem here is that not only Saturn is natural malefic and maraka planet but Saturn is also ruling the most malefic Dushthana house, i.e. 8th house/Aquarius for them. So, Saturn is really creating some troubles for Cancer ascendant in this area of life. Needless to say that co-lord of 8th house/Aquarius is another malefic planet Rahu. So, we only have malefic planets to deal with here.
Nature of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to see the nature of planets which are in maraka houses. Like, if they are natural benefic/malefic or functional benefic/malefic or Dushthana Lords etc. The more malefic nature these planets keep within them, higher the chances that their dashas can be difficult for person and he needs to be more cautious during their dashas.
Dignity of Maraka Lords – The most important factor is in which sign Sun-Saturn are placed in a Cancer Ascendant chart as it will decide its dignity and strength.
- Sun in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign means that person can manage to go through a maraka dasha with some positivity and can even gain during its dasha especially in matters of career, authority and wealth due to good dignity in these signs. But if Sun is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further weakens the planet, then it shows that person needs a lot of awareness and caution at disposal while dealing with its dasha. For ex, if Sun is in 7th house/Capricorn then Sun MD will activate both maraka houses (2nd house/Leo and 7th house/Capricorn) and as Sun is in enemy sign, it can bring challenges during this dasha. It means that they need to be extra careful about the health matters and they should be taking care even before start of maraka dasha to safely sail through this dasha.
- With Saturn again, it is imperative that it should be in own/friendly/neutral/mool trikon/exaltation sign. As it is already the most malefic planet, Saturn losing its dignity can be a big trouble for person. So, problem will be when Saturn is in enemy/fall/debilitated sign or sitting with other malefic or under yogas like Paap Kartari Yoga which further stresses the planet. That’s where person needs to be very cautious during dashas which activate Saturn.
Dignity of Planets in Maraka Houses – Likewise, we need to check the dignity and strength of planets that are placed in maraka houses. Again, better the dignity, higher the chances that person will sail through maraka dasha without much damage. But if dignity is poor then an extra care is necessary. For ex, Moon in 2nd house/Leo is not of much worry but if Jupiter is in 7th house/Capricorn where it is debilitated then person needs to be cautious during maraka dasha.
How Dashas will activate Maraka Houses? – Now, Maraka Houses for Cancer Ascendant can get activated during dasha of Sun or Saturn or of any planet which is in 2nd house/Leo or 7th house/Capricorn. Also, the dasha of lord of sign/nakshatra in which Sun or Saturn is placed will activate them and maraka dasha. For example, if Sun is in Libra/Chitra then Venus dasha or Mars dasha can also activate Sun and maraka houses. Likewise, for planets in maraka houses, their sign/nakshatra lord dasha can bring maraka results. Finally, we need to take into consideration dashas at all 3 major levels, i.e. Mahadasha/Antardasha/Pratyantar dasha. Overall, we need to be inclusive in this matter as it can be matter of even life or death.
Annual Transits – Likewise, I don’t think that we should wait till annual transits of planets start giving us results after activation of maraka houses through dashas. As I said, we need to be cautious, careful and aware even before the beginning of maraka dashas, so that we will have enough time in hand to safeguard ourselves. As always, awareness is the only remedy.
Maraka Planets Impact – Now, following things can cause actual death, metaphorical death or death of other things due to maraka planets –
- As Sun represents Father, Ego, Career, Authority and Recognition, all these things/people can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Sun represents Father and rules 2nd house/Leo of Family, Father/Family can bring a death-like situation to person. I remember with one of my friend’s chart, he had Sun in 7th house/Capricorn. Whenever this guy got into relationship, he would have to break it as his Father/Family won’t agree to it due to caste/religion issues. So, the ego of Father/Family/Religion is bringing a death to relationship.
- As Sun represents Ego, person can get into death-like situations due to Ego clashes. Likewise, authority figures can bring a death-like situation to person.
- As Sun represents health issues related with Heart and Brain, these health issues can bring death-like situation.
- Likewise, as Saturn rules 7th house and 8th house, their relationship/partner and in-laws bring a death-like scenario for them.
- They should be especially careful against any sudden event, accident or surgery related things as Saturn rules 8th house too and these events can bring a death-like situation for them.
- As Saturn represents diseases related with Bones, Teeth, Body-Ache, Joint-Ache, Chronic nature of diseases etc, these illnesses can bring a death-like situation.
- Then in whichever houses Sun/Saturn are sitting, person can feel a death-like scenario in matters of that house, especially if Sun/Saturn are also in bad dignity. Like, if Sun is in 4th house/Libra where it is debilitated, it shows that person or his Mother will feel like going through a death-like situation during Sun MD. But if Sun is in 10th house/Aries where it is in exaltation sign, it shows that person’s relation with authority figures will die due to ego conflicts but only to give him new authority through new work. So, if Sun/Saturn are in good dignity then it shows that even while going through a death-like situation, person will be able to gain something. Like, in the above example of my friend, that guy finally got married during Sun-Saturn dasha only as Saturn was exalted in 4th house/Libra. But if Sun/Saturn are in bad dignity with no other support, then person needs to be extra cautious to minimise the damage.
- Finally, we need to check the planets sitting in maraka houses. The things/people they are karaka-of and things/people represented by the house ruled by these planets will bring death-like circumstances to person. Like, if Jupiter is in 7th house/Capricorn or 2nd house/Leo which is their 6th house/Sagittarius lord then their Jupiter related illnesses can bring a death-like situation for them/their family or their spouse.
Conclusion – This is how maraka houses, maraka planets or maraka dashas may impact the life of a Cancer Ascendant person.
Hope this helps. Thanks,
Swami Premanand Bharti