The Second Nakshatra, i.e. Bharani Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Bharani Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Bharani Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Bharani Nakshatra is the 2nd nakshatra. It also falls completely in to Aries sign. Bharani Nakshatra is between 13.20 degree to 26.40 degree of Aries.
Name and its meaning – The word Bharani means "The Bearing" or "The Bearer". So, it is directly connected with receiving, holding, possessing or carrying anything.
Representation – The main representation of Bharani Nakshatra is female reproductive organs, especially Vagina. The name and meaning of this nakshatra is enough indication as to why Vagina is chosen as its symbol. A life is "possessed, held or received" by a female through sexual intercourse. Hence, Vagina becomes its symbol.
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Bharani Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 7th, 8th, 24th, 28th, 33rd and 51st year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Deity of Bharani Nakshatra are Lord of Death-Yama and Goddess of Destruction-Kali. Both are seen in the picture of Bharani Nakshatra. Bharani's lord is Venus and Aries lord is Mars. So, if a planet is in Bharani Nakshatra, we have to look at Venus and Mars positions to assess its true strength.
Mythological Story – In my knowledge, there is no specific mythological story behind this nakshatra but if anyone knows anything about it then please post in comments. I would love to read. All I have come across are little information about its lords and deity. It is that Shukracharya (Teachers of the Demon) who is also known as Venus carried the knowledge of bringing life to a dead person. Also, Yama is the one who takes away the life from us and carries it to its new destination. So, its deity and lord both represent carrying, holding or possessing something.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Bharani Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Bharani Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- As it is nakshatra ruled by Venus, its first significance is about material wealth and prosperity.
- Obviously, this nakshatra will be connected with reproduction and child birth.
- As it is represented by female sexual organs and ruled by Venus, sexual energy is very high in this nakshatra and person can be extremely beautiful & sexual by nature.
- As sign is ruled by Mars and nakshatra is ruled by Venus, this Mars-Venus combination make them even more sexual and attractive.
- As it's deities are Lord Yama and Goddess Kali, it is nakshatra of Death & Re-birth and all kinds of transformation/changes in life.
- Presence of Yama and Kali also bring the Occult significance into this nakshatra and these people can be very much interested in occult side of life.
- Same factor is also responsible for making it a nakshatra related with re-incarnation and these people can be very much interested in researching about re-incarnation theory.
- As Venus is the lord of this nakshatra, creativity has to be one of the representation. These people can be very creative and can have lots of interests and hobbies.
- As we can see that mainly this nakshatra is either indicating towards sexual representation or occult representation, in the end it depends on the person's evolution level that which significance he chooses to follow. A very new soul will be more inclined towards sexual pleasures whereas an old soul would love to understand occult side of this Universe or Life.
- All professions related with child birth and child care can be seen from this nakshatra. Likewise, all professions related with research activities are aligned with this nakshatra.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Bharani Nakshatra.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer