So, this is another way or tool in Vedic Astrology to judge planetary transits more precisely. But it can be precise plus confusing at same time. Nevertheless, extra information won't harm any of us. So, let's break this article on following points -
Transits of Planets.
Transit from Moon or Ascendant.
Positive Transits Vs Negative Transits.
Vedha and Vipreet Vedha.
Application of Concept.
Let's cover all points one after the other -
Transits of Planets - As we know that all planets have their annual transits in different signs for different time periods which impact life of a person based on his birth chart and dashas he is running. As we know that transits are final triggering point of any event. 1st of all, event should be seen from birth chart and then dasha should activate such houses of event and then we can hope for transits to bring that event. Transit alone won't be able to bring the event. Just like birth chart alone or dasha alone won't be able to bring the event. As always, it is Chart + Dasha + Transit = Event. Every planet has different duration of transiting in a particular sign. Like, Sun transits in 30 days, Moon transits in 2.25 days, Mars transits in 45 days, Mercury & Venus transit in about 20 days, Jupiter transits for about 13 months, Saturn transits for about 2.5 years and Rahu-Ketu transit for about 1.5 years. When Mars, Venus, Mercury go retrograde during transit, their duration of transit increases accordingly.
Transit from Moon or Ascendant - Now, the main question which is always asked, if we see transits from Moon or Ascendant? I feel the obsession of Astrologers, since ancient times, to see transits from Moon sign is largely based on the fact that in those times we never used to have ways or methods to calculate accurate timing. So, if you don't have exact time of birth then you are left to be dependent on person's Moon chart. You have no other option. May be that's why Moon chart or transits from Moon are given such importance from ancient times. But now, when we can calculate time in seconds also, I think we should 1st look transits from ascendant and then from Moon sign, in case any one wants to confirm. Also, I am of the view that transits from ascendant will show the actual event but transits from Moon will show how person's mind is going to react to such an event? As occurrence of event is important, we should give priority to transits from ascendant.
Positive Transits Vs Negative Transits - Now, some of these transits are considered as beneficial for person and some may bring negative events just to remind us that life is mix of good and bad both. So, these positive and negative transits from Ascendant or Moon sign can be seen here -
- Sun - 1st house, 3rd house, 6th house and 11th house transits are considered beneficial whereas other transits are considered as negative.
- Moon - 1st house, 3rd house, 6th house, 7th house, 10th house and 11th house transits are considered beneficial whereas other transits are considered as negative.
- Mars - 3rd house, 6th house, 10th house and 11th house transits are considered beneficial whereas other transits are considered as negative.
- Mercury - 2nd house, 4th house, 6th house, 8th house, 10th house and 11th house are considered beneficial whereas other transits are considered as negative.
- Venus - Most of its transits are considered beneficial except 6th house, 7th house and 10th house. (I have no idea why 7th house transit of Venus is considered as bad. I disagree with it).
- Jupiter - 2nd house, 5th house, 7th house, 9th house and 11th house are considered beneficial whereas other transits are considered as negative.
- Saturn - 3rd house, 6th house and 11th house transits are considered beneficial whereas other transits are considered as negative.
- Rahu-Ketu - 3rd house, 6th house, 10th house and 11th house transits are considered beneficial whereas other transits are considered as negative.
Again, I disagree with these transitory positions which are only house based. I feel that we also need to take the sign involved in consideration to know if a transit is completely positive or negative. Like, what if Sun is transiting 6th house for a person but he happens to be a Taurus ascendant for whom Libra falls in 6th house. Now, Sun is debilitated in house of diseases. So, we can see that person can have some health issues but traditionally it is considered a beneficial transit based on house involved. Similarly, what if Jupiter is transiting 1st house but person is Cancer ascendant? Here, Jupiter is exalted. A good transit as I see but traditionally it is considered a negative transit based on house involved. So, I feel that we need to take sign and house both in consideration to make any profound prediction.
Vedha & Vipreet Vedha - Now after this prelude, we are ready for our topic of the day, i.e. Vedha and Vipreet Vedha. Vedha means Obstacles and Vipreet Vedha would mean Removal of Obstacles.
- Vedha means that if X planet is transiting in its beneficial position as discussed above promising a good event but Y planet is transiting in a position which is negative or obstacle or Vedha for X planet then the benefits promised by X planet due to its beneficial transit will be on hold till Y planet's transit is over. For example, Saturn's 6th house transit is considered as beneficial and 8th house transit is considered as negative. Now, if for a person Saturn is transiting 6th house then it may look like it is a beneficial transit but during same time if any other planet transits 8th house then during the period of this planet's transit in 8th house person will face obstacles in receiving the good results of Saturn's transit in 6th house. He can get good result once other planet's 8th house transit is over.
- Vipreet Vedha is reverse phenomenon means that if X planet is transiting in its negative position as discussed above promising a bad event but Y planet is transiting in a position which is beneficial for X planet then the negative event promised by X planet due to its negative transit will be on hold till Y planet's transit is over. For example, Saturn's 6th house transit is considered as beneficial and 8th house transit is considered as negative. Now, if for a person Saturn is transiting 8th house then it may look like a troublesome transit but during same time if any other planet transits 6th house then during the period of this planet's transit in 6th house person will be relieved from troubles of Saturn's 8th house transit. He can be saved from troubles as long as other planet's 6th house transit is on.
Application of Concept - Now, as we can see that there are many things are getting involved. This concept means that we need to take care of all the planetary transits taking place at a time in various houses to perfectly know that what is going on. It also shows why nothing is completely bad or completely good. Even during worst transits of malefic planets, you can have periods of relief and even during best transits of benefic planets, you can face obstacles. So in the end, everything is in addition.
Needless to say that we have to take into consideration the running dashas, planets involved in different transits, their nature, dignity, mutual relationship and houses involved etc.
It also shows that why it is so difficult to come up with precise prediction and why a minuscule astrologer like me should avoid giving a precise prediction up to the month/week/day of event. This is why I feel that it is always better to give a prediction in a time range of a few months.
Conclusion - So, this is one of the way by which we can make the prediction very precise but at the same time, it can be really confusing. I feel that one should professionally predict through this way only when he has practiced over all transits for at least 2-3 years and applied this concept & seen the results in at least 500 charts. Else other ways are enough to predict things.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/ .
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena .