The 26th Nakshatra, i.e. Uttara-Bhadrapada Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Uttara-Bhadrapada Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Uttara-Bhadrapada Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra falls within 3.20 degree of Pisces to 16.40 degree of Pisces. So, Uttara-Bhadrapada falls totally within the sign of Pisces.
Name and its meaning – Uttara means Later, Bhadra means Good or Auspicious and Pada means Feet. So, Uttara-Bhadrapada literally means the Later Lucky Feet or Later Auspicious Feet. We can see from name itself that it is sequel of Purva-Bhadrapada Nakshatra.
Representation – Uttara-Bhadrapada is represented by "Back Part of the Funeral Pyre". It is also represented by "A Coiled Snake".
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Uttara-Bhadrapada Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 11th, 18th, 19th, 24th, 64th, 68th, 70th, 75th and 76th year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Main Deity of Uttara-Bhadrapada is Ahir Bhudhanya, which is a serpent God lives underneath the Earth. Nakshatra lord is Saturn. Sign lord is Jupiter.
Mythological Story – Again, as we are moving towards last portion of nakshatra, it is kind of closing time. Also, closing time or time of liberation is also the time of destruction. So any story related with destruction can be linked with this nakshatra because it is the initial step towards creation again. So, we can link destruction through Shiva's 3rd Eye,Shiva's Tandav or wars like Ramayan or Mahabharat with this nakshatra.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Uttara-Bhadrapada Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Uttara-Bhadrapada Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- As this nakshatra falls completely in Pisces and comes up to the mid-portion of Pisces, the true traits of Pisces are exhibited by Uttara-Bhadrapada Nakshatra.
- This means that they are the most spiritual and mystical people around.
- If they dedicate to spiritual pursuits like Meditation etc, they can easily acquire some mystical powers. Like, Osho had Rahu in Uttara-Bhadrapada Nakshatra and his obsession for life was mystical subjects.
- Meaning of the name "Back Portion of Funeral Cot" also represent the final exit point from this material world. So, it again represents time of liberation.
- Coiled Snake symbolism also represents Kundalini Energy and activation of it. Not to forget that its deity is also a Serpent God residing underneath the Earth.
- Anything which is underneath Earth or hidden from view will automatically get the tag of mystical.
- But as it is nakshatra of mysticism, its prominence in chart can also make person kind of mystical or enigmatic personality as it happened with Osho that we are still unable to understand if he was really Enlightened or just a Con-Man. At times, he accepted being both. So, this nakshatra can also create Con-Men.
- More than religious or philosophical texts, they are more interested in direct mystical or spiritual experiences.
- They can be seen as counselors or guides in all the mystical subjects. If 2-3 planets are impacting Uttara-Bhadrapada Nakshatra then they can be perfect mystics.
- Saturn being its lord adds the factor of focus and perseverance on Spiritual and Mystical Side of Life.
- Overall, this nakshatra is all about spiritual, mystical and occultic pursuits. Person will be automatically gravitated towards these things.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Uttara-Bhadrapada Nakshatra.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer