So there was a request to write about many different yogas which are mainly related with Moon or Sun, how they are going to impact our lives and what are my views on these yogas. So, I thought of covering all of them together in this article as they all are connected yogas.
Let's break this article in following points -
Reasons behind Yogas and Results.
As all of these yogas are somehow connected with Sun or Moon positions, these are normally called Sun Yogas or Moon Yogas although they have their different names too. So, let's begin -
Moon Yogas - Following are main Moon Yogas -
- Sunapha Yoga - When there is a planet(s) in the next house of Moon besides Rahu, Ketu & Sun, then it is called Sunapha Yoga. As it is clear from name, as per traditional definition, this yoga brings wealth to person.
- Anapha Yoga - When there is a planet(s) in the previous house of Moon besides Rahu, Ketu & Sun, then it is called Anapha Yoga. As 12th house is of losses & expenses, the person may become spendthrift in things related to planet which is 12th from Moon. It shows a wealthy person who may not care about saving the wealth. He may spend a lot on his pleasures or enjoyment.
- Durdhara Yoga - When there is a planet(s) on both side of Moon besides Rahu, Ketu & Sun, then it is called Durdhara Yoga. They say that person will be very rich and wealthy.
- Kemdrum Yoga - When there is no planet(s) in either sides of Moon and Moon is also sitting alone in its house, then it is called Kemdrum Yoga. It is one of those yoga where person likes to alone. This can also show an imbalanced mind in early life as Moon (Mind) is not getting any support from anywhere.
Sun Yogas - Following are main Sun Yogas -
- Vesi Yoga - When there is a planet(s) in the next house of Sun besides Rahu, Ketu & Moon, then it is called Vesi Yoga. Sun is ego and 2nd house is wealth. So, this planet 2nd from Sun will show where our ego feels fulfilled.
- Vasi Yoga - When there is a planet(s) in the 12th house of Sun besides Rahu, Ketu & Moon, then it is called Vasi Yoga. Sun is ego and 12th house is loss. So, this planet 12th from Sun will show where our ego feels lacking, losses or hurt.
- Ubhayachari Yoga - When there is a planet(s) on either side of Sun besides Rahu, Ketu & Moon, then it is called Ubhayachari Yoga. Sun is ego and here ego gets support from both the sides or we can say that ego is dependent on both these planets on either sides for its survival.
- Mahabhagya Yoga - This happens when someone Sun, Moon and Ascendant signs in either even signs or odd signs. This yoga looks like has some political affiliation, lol. So, if your ascendant, Moon and Sun all 3 are in even signs then it is Mahabhagya Yoga or if all 3 are in odd signs then it is Mahabhagya Yoga. As name suggests, they say it is rare yoga and brings great fortune.
Reasons behind Yogas and Results - Now, let's look why these yogas came into existence and why they give results as discussed above, as per my understanding
- Ascendant, Sun and Moon signs are 3 integral part of our personality. Ascendant is Self or The Person. Sun is Soul. Moon is Mind. So, all 3 taken together are our body, mind and soul.
- 2nd house is house of wealth or safety as it is house of family. Our family safeguards us in any problem of life. So, planet falling 2nd from Sun, Moon or Ascendant shows where our safety is coming from. Whichever planet is in 2nd house from Sun, Moon or Ascendant shows that this planet is going to safeguard us. 2nd house from ascendant, it will safeguard our body or physical existence. 2nd house from Sun, it will provide safety or support to our soul or ego. 2nd house from Moon, it will provide safety or support to mind or emotions.
- 12th house is house of losses or expenses. It is where we feel lack of something or lost. So, planet falling 12th from Sun, Moon or Ascendant shows where we feel loss or lack of something. 12th house from ascendant shows our physical losses. 12th house from Moon shows our emotional losses. 12th house from Sun shows what will cause loss or hurt to ego.
- Planets on both sides of Sun or Moon show that ego or emotions are strongly connected or supported by things related to those planets.
- No planet on either side of Sun or Moon shows that person can be self-sufficient in stabilizing his emotions or building his ego without any external support.
My Opinion - Now, here are my opinions -
- I will always look at the nature & dignity of planets and then say about the expected results. Just because a planet is sitting in next house of Moon can not make you wealthy. For example - What if Moon is in Gemini and Mars is in next house Cancer. Mars is debilitated and Cancer's lord Moon is in enemy sign. So, I don't think this person is becoming wealthy due to Sunapha Yoga alone.
- Likewise, what if Saturn is 12th from Moon. Saturn limits the results. So, it can actually limit the expenses or losses when it is 12th from Moon. Person may not be a spendthrift just because of Anapha Yoga alone.
- Durdhara Yoga or Ubhayachari Yoga can easily turn in to Paap Kartari Yoga if planets on both sides of Moon or Sun are malefic planets and can give lifelong emotional issues.
- Kemdrum Yoga is given a negative rapport but it is actually a good yoga and here is the reason why? If there is Kem Drum Yoga, that means mind is not attached or connected with anyone or anything. This person is used to be alone. Hence, when bad times come and people don't help him out then no worries as he was anyway not expecting anything from anyone. This person is self-sufficient as I said. Biggest benefit of Kemdrum Yoga can be seen during Sadhe Sati. Suppose if a person has planets with Moon or either sides of Moon then it shows that his mind is deeply connected or attached with things or people represented by these planets. Mind finds support through these planets. So, when Sadhe Sati begins and Saturn starts transiting over these planets with Moon or either sides of Moon and limiting results of these planets then mind feels restless because their is whole lot of emotions involved with these planets. For ex - if Venus is 12th house from Moon then Moon finds some support from Venus, i.e. Relations. Now with start of Sadhe Sati, Saturn moves over Venus and breaks the relation. End result is that mind unnecessary feels pain. Saturn is not even going over Moon as yet but as Moon was supported by Venus, it is bound to be restless if relations break. Now, compare this with someone who has Kemdrum Yoga. Moon is all alone. So, this person will feel the stress of Saturn only when Saturn is transiting over Moon in middle phase of Sadhe Sati, neither during 1st phase nor during 3rd phase. Hence, Kemdrum Yoga is very helpful in negotiating through Sadhe Sati. Otherwise also, I feel it is one of the yogas which makes person very creative.
Likewise, for Sun Yogas. I will look at the dignity and nature of planets then would like to say anything rather than jumping on to conclusion based on what is available online.
Mahabhagya Yoga is seen as a very rare yoga where Sun, Moon and Ascendant are all in either even signs or odd signs. Like, I have it with Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Taurus and Scorpio Ascendant. All in even signs. Let's see how rare it is -
- Sun moves through 12 signs in 1 year. It means that 6 months it is in odd signs and 6 months it is in even signs.
- Moon moves through 12 signs in 27 days. It means that 13.5 days it is in odd signs and 13.5 days it is in even signs.
- So actually, during every month, for 13.5 days Sun & Moon both will be in odd sign or even sign. It is about 6 months in an year.
- Now everyday, every sign will have its turn as ascendant for 2 hours. It means 12 hours odd ascendants and 12 hours even ascendant. So, it is further half of 6 months, i.e. 3 months. So, about 90 days in an year it happens that Sun, Moon and Ascendant all are in either odd sign or even sign. It means that about 1/4th of world population has this yoga. This is how rare it is. :)
- Even then, I will consider the dignity of Sun & Moon in signs involved and also the dignity of the sign lord. Suppose someone has Cancer Ascendant, Moon in Scorpio and Sun in Capricorn then I won't consider it as yoga which can bring great fortune on itself. Ascendant Lord or Moon is debilitated and Sun is in great enemy sign. So, it is not a beneficial yoga although it fits into the definition.
Finally, how to interpret these yogas -
- Planet before Moon - Mind/Emotions gravitates towards things related with the planets before it as 12th house is house of sub-conscious. We subconsciously seek those things.
- Planet with Moon - Planet with Moon can help us in receiving those things which mind seeks. Through things related with planet which is conjunct Moon, we can receive things.
- Planet after Moon - It helps us in integrating the results. It signifies the wealth and assets of Moon/Mind.
- Planet before Sun - As Sun is more Career or Authority related planet, planet before Sun prepares us to take action in matters of Career.
- Planet with Sun - It actually helps us in taking action.
- Planet after Sun - Helps in finishing the action.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer