Today, let’s see what planetary placements can create someone a sports person or Athlete. It can be sports person of any game. It can even be a game like Chess which requires least amount of physical efforts but competition is involved.
I think we can cover this series by theory and one practical example of chart. Like, 1st I will tell what can make a person enter a particular profession and then we can see a chart of a person in same profession to see theory working in practicality.
So, let's begin with chart of a Sports Person -
Atma Karaka or Amatya Karaka
Let's cover all points one after the other -
Important Houses - Following are important houses for a Sports Person -
- 1st house - 1st house is always the most important house of any chart as it represents the person and his life path. Wherever 1st house lord is placed, it gives an indication related with life path the person is supposed to follow.
- 3rd house – 3rd house is the house of skills and interests. For almost every sports person, it is basically an initial interest in that particular sport which works like a spark to begin with.
- 5th house – 5th house is the main house of Sports. A strong 5th house shows a person can be interested in taking sports seriously.
- 6th house – 6th house is main house of Competitions and Competing with others. A strong 6th house shows that person will win over his competitors.
- 8th house – It is again house of serving other people through whichever ways.
- 10th house – 10th house is main house of work or career. Its association with above houses can lead someone into sports as Career.
Important Signs - Following are important signs -
- Fire Signs – As sports person needs a drive or energy to compete and win-over competitors, all the fire signs become very important as they provide fire in nature to compete.
- Gemini – Gemini is sign of skills. A sports person needs to continuously improve his skills to keep him on top.
- Virgo – As it is 6th sign, it has energy of 6th house of facing the competitors.
Important Planets - Following are important planets -
- Mars – Mars is the main planet for an Athlete or Sports Person.
- Mercury – Again, Mercury represents Skills and learning new things.
- Venus – Venus represents creativity. A sports person has to creatively invent new ways of improving himself.
- Rahu – Rahu represents obsession. To succeed in any creative career, one needs to remain obsessed about his creative pursuits.
- Saturn – But then again, it is easy to get initial success and then fade away after giving glimpse of your talent. To achieve a life-long success one needs support of Saturn which can push person in hard work and perseverance mode.
Important Nakshatras - Following are important nakshatras -
- Mars ruled Nakshatras – All Mars ruled nakshatras become important in giving the drive, courage and competitive abilities to person.
- Magha – As it is nakshatra of Royal Throne, person remains motivated to reach the top position in his sport.
- Purva-Phalguni – As it is nakshatra of celebration & entertainment and sports is one of the ways to entertain ourselves, this nakshatra can be important.
- Revati – As this nakshatra represents deepest level of creativity, this can help person in keep improving his creative skills.
Various Combinations - Now, any combination between these houses, planets, signs and nakshatras can create a Sports Person. Any combination between these planets, houses, signs & nakshatras where energy exchanges between them will be enough to make a Sports Person in proper dasha time.
Atma Karaka or Amatya Karaka - If Mars becomes person's Atma Karaka or Amatya Karaka, then things can be more prominent to become a Sports Person as Mars remains karaka of Athlete.
Mahadashas - But as always, dashas will activate houses or planets and person will have realization at that time to take up Sports as Career.
Example Chart – Let’s see Sachin Tendulkar’s chart -
- Leo Ascendant – A life path of creativity and creative pursuits.
- Magha Ascendant Nakshatra – Drive to reach celebrity status and remain on Royal Throne.
- Rahu-Moon in 5th house/Sagittarius of Sports. It made him to continuously invent new ways of making runs and trying different things on ground. He remained obsessed for sports.
- Now, the most important thing. He had Mercury debilitated and 5th house & 8th house lord Jupiter debilitated. Then how he became so skilful (Mercury) and great sports person (Jupiter being the 5th house lord)?
- It is because Jupiter got a strong Neech Bhang Raaj Yoga from Mars in 6th house/Capricorn. Not only Mars is exalted, it is exalted in its own nakshatra Dhanishtha at exact 27th degree of exaltation. This uplifted Jupiter in 6th house and houses which Jupiter rules (5th house and 8th house where Mercury is sitting).
- As this yoga took place in 6th house, it gave him immense ability to compete in sports. Again, this yoga helps in professional life and not in personal life. So, he got great success in sports but to achieve that, he had to stay away from his family (6th house is 12th from 7th house – loss of marriage) and could not enjoy a good family life. Even today after retirement, he is seen in one or the other function everyday as chief guest or sharing his knowledge about game to youngsters. So, family life got sacrificed here.
- He also has ascendant lord Sun exalted in Aries and again it is at exact 10 degrees, the highest exaltation point. It is also in 9th house, the highest of Dharma Houses.
- Mercury being in own nakshatra Revati made him skilful.
- But again, everything was under Saturn’s control. Saturn is in 10th house and it ensured that he gets his desired success only in his 30s. Saturn also threatened his career at least twice due to elbow injury and back injury as Saturn represents all bones related diseases. But when he overcome all that then he got desired success in his 30s when Indian Team started winning in foreign conditions, reached World Cup Final in 2003 and finally won it in 2011 when he was 38, over Saturn’s maturity age.
- Last but not the least, Mars was his Atma Karaka and Moon was his Amatya Karaka. He took decision of being cricketer at the very beginning of Moon MD.