Today, we will try to understand Saturn’s transit and its impact on Human Life. Let’s see the things important for understanding this –
Saturn - It is all that which we don't like in our life. Saturn is Delay, Frustration, Restriction, Limitation and Anxiety. It is people of Authority, like Boss at your Work Place or Father-Figure at Home. Saturn is our Karmic Debt from past-life. Saturn is the things we didn't treat too well in our past life. Saturn is our Challenges and Lessons of life. Saturn is Old-Age, Teeth/Bones in Human Body, Diseases, Changes etc. Saturn represents our Step-Relations, it means that wherever Saturn sits, people related with that house give us Step Treatment. Saturn is Hard Work, Efforts and most importantly Perseverance etc. Nothing comes easy and in one go with Saturn. You have to work hard continuously over the longest possible period of life. Saturn makes a person Legend as Legends have one thing in common that they choose one field and work hard in it for whole life.
Transit Time – Saturn transits through a sign in about 2.5 years time, which is longest duration in comparison to every other planet, except outer planets. Hence, its transits are most important in making a prediction.
Mahadasha/Antardasha – Person will be most impacted by Saturn’s transit if he is also under Saturn’s Mahadasha or Antardasha. But thing with Saturn is that due to its slowest moving nature, its transit will affect everyone of us sooner or later. It will catch you one day or the other during 2.5 years.
Saturn’s Dignity – Also, Dignity wise too, it doesn’t really matter where Saturn is placed. Saturn will be Saturn in any sign or house. Its job is to give challenges, changes and push us to do hard work and it will do that in any house/sign.
Transiting Sign – Likewise, it doesn’t really matter in which sign Saturn is transiting. Wherever it is, it will bring changes and challenges related to things of that sign or house.
House Ruler – One of the most important things is to keep in mind as to which house Saturn rules with its signs Capricorn & Aquarius signs in your chart. For Aries Ascendant, it will rule 10th house and 11th house but for Virgo Ascendant, it will rule 5th house and 6th house. Now, wherever it goes into transits, Saturn will bring the energy of the house it rules in your chart. Like, if you are an Aquarius Ascendant then Saturn rules 1st house with Aquarius sign and 12th house with Capricorn sign. 1st house relates to Life Path and 12th house relates to Foreign Lands & Losses. So, wherever it goes in transit, person will be feeling the energy of 1st house and 12th house in transiting house. Like, Saturn going into 8th house, person can go through a major transformation in his life path.
Impact of Saturn’s Transit – Here, we need to keep in mind few things –
- As I said, Saturn takes 2.5 years to transit through a sign/house. So, it becomes most important planet in making profound predictions. The fact that it stays in a sign for so long is enough indication that Saturn will get enough opportunity to play its cards in that sign.
- Saturn is among most malefic planet. It brings changes, challenges and hard work with things related to the house/sign it is transiting in. So, wherever it is transiting any house and person is doing something wrong related with that house, Saturn will bring change. So, Saturn never disturbs anything if person is doing right things. It only wants to bring changes for better. So, another important point with Saturn is never to resist change but to flow with change as Saturn is guiding you in right direction. Saturn going over other planets of birth chart or transit can also bring stress and changes related with that planet and can be helpful in making potential predictions.
- Joint impact of Jupiter-Saturn transit always remains a key factor in making profound predictions. Whenever they jointly impact any house or planet, things related to that house or planet mostly happens.
- With Saturn transits, we also need to keep in mind the important transits of Saturn like Saturn Return, Dhaiya, Sadhe Saati, and transits over Sun, Moon or Ascendant etc. They all become very important in making predictions.
- Last but not the least; understand Saturn as your biggest challenges, fears, changes, hard work and focus. Wherever it is transiting, it is bound to bring some changes and challenges related with things of that house/sign. It will create such conditions where person needs to take care, focus and do hard work with things related to that house. You can’t ignore or neglect it. There is no escape from Saturn.
So, let’s begin understanding Saturn’s transit through various houses -
- In 1st house – All the seriousness of world will come to person. He will be concerned about following his right life path. This is time to get some changes in Physique. Person will either become health conscious and join Gym etc or he will change his looks. If he is in wrong life path, it is bound to change. It is time to do real hard work on self and life path.
- In 2nd house – Person’s focus will be on Wealth and Resources, His source of wealth can change. There can be some major transformation in family life. There can be situations of stress in family due to lack of wealth. Person will become miser else he will lose wealth easily. This can be a challenging time for family.
- In 3rd house – Here focus will be on Communication, Marketing and Business etc. This time can certainly bring some Business Ideas and person may start his Business. It gives distant relation from younger siblings, either physically or mentally. This can give you long travels as Saturn represents long durations. Overall, courage of person will be tested.
- In 4th house – This time can bring real estate and focus can be home but this can also send person away from home as Saturn This can bring health issues or stress in home environment specially to Mother as Saturn is karaka of these things. Although it can give real estate but away from home land and after severe hard work. Peace of mind will be lost for person or mother.
- In 5th house – This time will make you focus on education. Romance will take a back seat and hence love life can go for a real toss in this time. Person will be focused on gaining education or children’s education. Person as well look for mastering his hobbies and interests. Love life will be of some challenge at this time.
- In 6th house – Here focus will be health and healing activities. Person will be involved and focussed in taking care of others or in defeat his enemies or obstacles through litigations. Person needs to be careful of his health too as this time can bring a long time illness. Person will be equally focussed on his job/service.
- In 7th house – Now, focus will shift into marriage and business. Person can get into a Business during this time. Saturn transiting through 7th house from Ascendant or Moon causes some serious stress in relationship. If person is in bad marriage then it can lead to separation. But overall, person’s focus will be in relationship and he will be required to do lots of compromises to sustain the relation.
- In 8th house – This can be real changing times as Saturn is transiting through 8th house of transformation. Life Path is bound to change if person is following the wrong path. This will bring changes but slow not sudden. Saturn in 8th house can make person focus on Occult, Hidden Sciences and matters of life and death. He will be research oriented. Person should be mentally prepared for any imaginable/unimaginable change to come.
- In 9th house – This shows focus on higher education, teaching, preaching and counselling. Person may get strict Gurus in this time. This person may go to long travels. It can be time of differences of opinion with Gurus or Father. This can also be a great time for attaining pot-grad degrees or Ph.D. Health Issues to Father can come up. Time to change or challenge religious views.
- In 10th house – This is time to do severe hard work in Career. This time can give distant relation with father and disagreement with Bosses but person will be focused towards Career. Person wil get recognition by authorities for his hard work. If he is in wrong career, then career will definitely change. Health Issues to Father can come up.
- In 11th house – This is time to work hard and focus on earnings and income. Person will be getting rewards for his hard work. Person may feel distant relation towards elder siblings. He might not be inclined towards networking with people. His prime focus will be improving his income. Person may get involved in humanitarian causes and social welfare.
- In 12th house – Now, focus becomes Foreign Lands, Foreign Companies and People. He can be very miser in this time. He will like to spend time in isolation. He will like to research, study and work behind the scenes. Foreign Travels will be for long duration and going there/coming back will be equally tough. Time to change or challenge spiritual views.
So, this is how Saturn’s transits through all the houses may work.
Hope this helps. Please feel free to post comments and queries, if any.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer