So finally, The Final 27th Nakshatra, i.e. Revati Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Revati Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Revati Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Revati Nakshatra falls within 16.40 degree to 30.00 of Pisces. So, Revati falls totally within the sign of Pisces.
Name and its meaning – Revati literally means Wealth or Wealthy.
Representation – Revati is represented by "A Fish swimming in the Sea" and "Drum".
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Revati Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 5th, 6th, 12th, 32nd, 42nd and 60th year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Main Deity of Revati is Lord Pushan. It is believed that Pushan is the one which takes the soul to final liberation. Nakshatra lord is Mercury. Sign lord is Jupiter.
Mythological Story – So now, we are at final stage. We experienced materialist, worldly pleasure and prosperity in many nakshatras. Then we experienced Spiritual side of life in many nakshatras. But now, we are at the final stoppage of soul. The point of liberation. It is beyond Spirituality too. So, understand it like this. A common man first runs towards riches and materialistic side of life. Then he gets fed up as nothing material can give a long lasting happiness. The Car you bought and you felt happy that day, can get a serious dent same day and your happiness will be gone. So after experiencing materialism and realizing its futility, person runs towards Religion. Now, he thinks that some man-made God or Texts are going to bring happiness. After sometime, he gets fed up of religious stuffs too as it only gave theories, no happiness. Now, he runs towards Spiritualism. He starts doing meditation and all other pursuits in the name of finding God. But deep down, thinking is the same, You are running for one thing or the other and now you think that God is going to give you happiness. And then the final stage comes when person realizes that even Spiritual Pursuits, Meditation and all such activities are futile. That is the point of Liberation when you get rid of all illusions of life, including the spiritual one. That is also what Revati represents.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Revati Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Revati Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- As I said, this is the nakshatra of liberation where all the representations of all preceding nakshatras culminate and soul reaches its permanent abode.
- It can be questioned that if this nakshatra is all about Liberation then why its meaning is Wealth or Wealthy, something very materialistic? It is because the true wealth is Liberation, because that is the only wealth that is going to remain with us. A true wealthy person is only that who is a liberated being.
- Although, while interpreting this nakshatra, we can still give Wealth, a materialistic meaning.
- The symbol of "Fish Swimming in Sea" is very much representative of the fact that this is the only world and their is no other world, no heaven or no hell. As Fish's world is all inside water, likewise human soul can get liberation only through this world or this life only. By working through our karma.
- The another symbol of Drum is connected with someone like a Shepherd or Cowherd who beats drum to get all his cattle at one place, so that he can take all of them back home. Likewise, Revati Nakshatra or its diety Pushan work like this cowherd and take our lost souls from various directions to the final abode of liberation.
- As Drum is also symbol of Dhanishtha, the creativity factor of Dhanishtha & Revati is similar. They can be very creative and interested in music.
- As it falls within Pisces, the last sign, and it is the last nakshatra, it represents deepest level of spirituality, imagination and creativity. They can earn from their creative pursuits or spiritual pursuits.
- One drawback with this nakshatra is that they can be too imaginative and can live in their own dream world of imagination.
- As it is ruled by Mercury, they can be seen as jovial and funny people.
- Overall, this is nakshatra of accumulation of all energy and direct it towards spiritual or creative pursuits.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Ravati Nakshatra.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer