Today the final one, we will try to understand Ketu’s transit and its impact on Human Life. Let’s see the things important for understanding this –
Ketu - Just like Rahu, Ketu also represents Illusion as both are illusionary planets but the difference is that Ketu is also the one who removes the illusion and brings enlightenment. Besides this, Ketu represents Isolation, Separation, Spirituality, Mystical World, Other Dimension means things related to Alien World, also represents Son, Dog, Intuition, Research Ability, Curious Nature, things which we have already achieved in past life and not much concerned to perform in this life.
Transit Time – Rahu-Ketu transits through a sign in about 18 months time, which is considerably big time in comparison to other planets except Saturn. So, Ketu too can be used in making some profound predictions.
Mahadasha/Antardasha – Person will be most impacted by Ketu’s transit if he is also under Ketu’s Mahadasha or Antardasha. But again, as transit is 18 months longer, Ketu will impact your life one day or the other in these 18 months.
Ketu’s Dignity – First important thing to see is Ketu’s dignity in Birth Chart. Ketu is considered as exalted in Scorpio. It is also its own sign. Besides that, Ketu does well in Gemini & Virgo. Actually, Ketu’s dignity will very much depend on the dignity of planets it is sitting with and the dignity of lord of the sign in which Ketu is placed. Also, if Ketu is with Mercury, Venus or Moon, it will be able to impact these planets rather than getting impacted by them. Likewise, if Ketu is with Mars, Saturn and Jupiter, then Ketu will be impacted by them. Ketu with Sun will impact Sun as it is eclipse time. Basically, any sign which has even little scope of research and investigation is good for Ketu.
Transiting Sign – Likewise, we have to apply the same rules to the sign Ketu is transiting. Like it is in Aquarius right now from about last 15 months. Aquarius is sign of New Age Technology and Serving Humanity. So, in these 15 months, Ketu gave us lots of research and investigative skills in New Age Technology and related tools. Things like Whatsapp has become necessary part of our daily life and Humanity is surely served in this time. So like this, whichever sign it goes, it will be involved in researching about things related to that sign.
House Ruler – One of the most important things is to keep in mind as to which house Ketu co-rules with Mars through its sign Scorpio in your chart. For Aries Ascendant, it will rule 8th house but for Virgo Ascendant, it will rule 3rd house. Now, wherever it goes into transits, Ketu will bring the energy of the house it rules in your chart. Like, if you are an Aquarius Ascendant then Ketu rules 10th house. So, wherever it goes in transit, person will be feeling the energy of 10th house of Career, Fame and Status in transiting house. Like, Ketu going into 8th house of transformation/change, person can have his Career path go through a major change.
Impact of Ketu’s Transit – Here, we need to keep in mind few things –
- As I said, Ketu’s transit time is 18 months. So, it becomes a very important planet for making predictions as it is going into a house or over a planet in birth chart or transit can cause some friction within this long time which can cause some events to happen.
- There are two ways to calculate transit times of Rahu-Ketu. They are known as True Nodes and Mean Nodes. End result is difference of few days in transits, nothing more than that.
- Ketu is one of the most malefic planets. It is karaka of Separation, Isolation and Spirituality. It becomes a confusion how a planet which represents Spirituality can be a malefic planet? So, it has two-fold explanation. 1st is that after we get separated from something or someone, we become Spiritual as we pray to God that such things should not happen again. 2nd reason, which is mre appealing to me, is that Desire in itself is malefic by nature. So, even having a Spiritual Desire is symbolism of malefic nature.
- Last but not the least; understand Ketu as the energy that separates, isolates us from the things related to the house it is transiting but at the same time making us research oriented with some other things related to that same house. So, the question, as to which things it will separate us from and which things it will lead us to research, can be best answered by the concept of Jeeva Karaka and Ajeeva Karaka (http://astrosaxena.com/jkak). It will separate us from living significators of house and make us research about non-living significators of the same house. Like Ketu transiting 5th house can cause Break Ups in Love Story but person will be in research mode related with his education and hobbies.
So, let’s begin understanding Ketu transit through various houses -
- In 1st house – This is time when person can be totally isolated, separated from himself. He will have no idea about himself, what he is doing in life and why he is living this life? He will be separated from the people he is surrounded with and place he is at. At the same time, this is 1st of Ketu’s position which can make person really spiritual and intuitive. As Ketu is in 1st house of Self, the whole personality gets impacted by Spirituality and Intuition. Ketu in 1st house, 4th house, 8th house and 12th house are good for spiritual progress, meditation and intuition.
- In 2nd house – This time can separate someone from his family and send him to some distant place. He may even feel mental separation from family. At the same time, person will think a lot about his wealth factor. He will research about the wealth factor in comparision with colleagues. Someone may also be interested to research about his family lineage.
- In 3rd house – This transit is going to separate you from your younger siblings, which can mean travel and all. It can also give a mental separation, which means you are unable to understand point of view of younger sibling. Person may be headless in his communications. At the same time, he will be researching a lot about his skills and interests. He will be researching as to how to improve communications, either written or oral.
- In 4th house – This transit gives a clear isolation/separation from Mother and Home Land. Person may leave home or home land and travel to distant places. Last thing he is interested in is real estate but real estate follows the person. At the same time, this position is very good for meditation and any work related with intuition. Person will have lots of intuitional powers in this time.
- In 5th house – As I said, this is not a good transit for love matters. Love Stories can break in this time. Person can be separated from kids due to their education related matters, which is normal course these days. At the same time, person may be research oriented with his education and hobbies.
- In 6th house – Person may feel isolated from people he works with at his work place. This transit can actually keep you away from disputes and diseases. Person will not be too keen to take on fights and might be blind towards office politics that is going on. At the same time, it is good time to research about medicine and law, if person is interested or in such a career.
- In 7th house – This time can certainly leave the person from association of marriage and spouse for various reasons. If dashas are also supporting such isolation then it can lead to separation. Even single people won’t be interested in relations during this time. At the same time, person can get a business idea and he will start researching over it before he finally starts it.
- In 8th house – This transit can separate you from your in-laws company. It can give a sort of inheritance during this transit. Person will be very curious and research oriented for occult and mystical things. Even if person is not otherwise interested in Occult, during this transit, he will get into it.
- In 9th house – This transit can give isolation/separation from Gurus and Higher Teachings. Person will feel that he has right and more correct views about Higher Teachings than his Gurus. This can also give separation from Father. But as person feels that his views are more correct then it means he has spent huge time in researching and studying about 9th house matters. He certainly becomes like a Guru to others.
- In 10th house – This transit will separate you from Father or other people of Authority like Bosses or Govt. Person may not be too interested in working under any authority. But this is a good transit when person can think of starting a new career in Spiritual and Mystical Field. Person will disobey any authority in this time.
- In 11th house – This transit can actually bring lots of wealth. Ketu in 2nd house and 11th house can make person filthy rich. But it will give isolation from elder siblings and networking. This person may not be too willing to mingle with others. But as I said, he will get lots of wealth and also, he will be very much interested in knowing how he can bring a social change or welfare to all. So, his research will be directed towards bringing a change in everyone’s life.
- In 12th house – This transit will bring weird Spiritual Views. Person’s spiritual views will have a split from others and his own Gurus. But this only means that he will research a lot on spiritual matters and will develop his own spirituality. Actually, Ketu in 12th house person must always challenge the set notions of spirituality in society, then only he will reach somewhere.
So, this is how Ketu’s transits through all the houses may work but lots will depend upon dasha, dignity of Ketu in birth chart & transit and planet it is transiting over.
Hope this helps. Thanks,
Hope this helps. Thanks,
Leave a comment
9 Comments on this post
SS - No
Does ketu cause problem in medical profesion since this profession is related to jeeva karaka
Sr - I prefer ascendant.
Sir should we look transits from ascendant or moon.
Swami Premanand Bharti
@ NR - No views as I didnt experiment with it. Thanks,
Thank you for an in depth article on Ketu Transit and for taking a stand on Predicting Transit effects from Ascendent I recently read another article on Ketu , where it was suggested that as Rahu /Ketu movements are opposite direction with reference to other planets , houses should be reckoned in the same direction. Request your views on this.
Swami Premanand Bharti
@ Mayuri - i prefer ascendant.
Arent transits seen from moon?