The 17th Nakshatra, i.e. Anuradha Nakshatra.
Let’s cover Anuradha Nakshatra based on following points –
Sign and Degree
Name and its meaning
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord
Prominence of a Nakshatra
Various interpretations of Anuradha Nakshatra
Let’s cover all points one after the other –
Sign and Degree – Anuradha Nakshatra falls within 3.20 degree of Scorpio to 16.40 degree of Scorpio. So, Anuradha Nakshatra falls totally into Scorpio sign.
Name and its meaning – Anuradha word can be split in Anu + Radha. Anu means following and here Radha would mean Desire, as Radha-Krishna were each other's desire. So, Anuradha means "following the heart's desire".
Representation – Anuradha has quite a few symbols. Its main symbol is Staff or a Thick Stick which usual Sages used to carry with them. Another symbol is Lotus. Third symbol is again Vishakha's symbol of Victory Arch with leaves over it.
Activation Age - Besides dashas and planetary maturity ages, another way of activating a planet is activation age of nakshatra it is sitting in. Anuradha Nakshatra activates itself at the ages of 25th, 26th, 29th, 37th, 44th, 48th, 63rd, 66th, 78th and 84th year of age.
Deity, Nakshatra Lord & Sign Lord – Deity of Anuradha is Mitra, one of the 12 Adityas and God of Friendship, Good Faith and Cordiality. Anuradha's lord is Saturn. Sign lords are Mars-Ketu.
Mythological Story – The main mythological story attached with Anuradha is again the story of Radha-Krishna. It is obvious as its name is Anuradha. Here, we get to understand as to why Mitra is deity of Anuradha? It is because Radha was more a friend of Krishna than anyone else. Friendship is always selfless and we tend to share an unselfish love with our friends. So, Radha-Krishna story of unselfish love and friendship becomes the base of Anuradha.
Prominence of a Nakshatra – Now, throughout this series, whenever we say about a nakshatra being prominent in a chart, it means it is either ascendant nakshatra, Sun nakshatra, Moon nakshatra or 2 or more planets are placed in 1 nakshatra, Understand that a nakshatra is only 13 degree 20 minutes long and if even 2 planets are there within that range then it is huge energy accumulation. It will make that nakshatra related things important in person’s life.
Various interpretations of Anuradha Nakshatra – Now, here are some of the interpretations of Anuradha Nakshatra we can take as per the things discussed above –
- As it comes after Radha (which is another name of Vishakha Nakshatra), it is obvious that its name will be Anuradha or Following Radha.
- As it is about Following Radha or Heart's desire, these people always look to follow their heart's desire in all their pursuits. It means they may not do anything halfheartedly.
- All the nakshatras of Scorpio have a common characteristic of Occult & Mysticism because Scorpio is sign of Occult itself and as Anuradha falls in the middle of Scorpio, this occult trait becomes most intense here. Hence, these people can be very much into Occult or Mystical pursuits.
- Staff as a symbol signifies Protection or Defense and Sages used to carry their mystical powers in their staff, which again shows its mystical nature plus these people can get some mystical powers by which they safeguard themselves and others.
- Saturn's lordship makes person to focus on this mystical side of life.
- Victory Arch again shows them as determined people who are ready to go through all the tests to achieve their ambition or heart's desire.
- In love matters and friendship again, they are completely devoted to their lovers or friendship and in this day & age they can be seen as having blind faith in someone.
- As Saturn rules it, they are very liberal in approach and treat all equally.
- As they are all about researching and exploring different theories or concepts, they become very logical.
- As it is in the middle of 8th sign, it is somewhere gets connected with mystical energy of Kundalini.
- Also, being part of Scorpio, Vishakha, Anuradha & Jyeshtha also represent sexuality.
- Overall, person is supposed to follow his heart's desire here. Whatever he does in life, he should be following his heart's desire.
Conclusion – So, this is some basic information and interpretation of Anuradha Nakshatra.
Hope this helps. Please post any comment or query you may have.
Vishal S Saxena – Astrologer
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/ .
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena .