Today is another article on various professions as per Astrology. It is regarding chart of an Author. It can include anyone who is working in writing field as an Author, Writer, Novelist, Blogger, Journalist & Lyricist etc.
I think we can cover this series by theory and one practical example of chart. Like, 1st I will tell what can make a person enter a particular profession and then we can see a chart of a person in same profession to see theory working in practicality.
So, let's begin with chart of an Author -
Atma Karaka or Amatya Karaka
Let's cover all points one after the other -
Important Houses - Following are important houses -
- 1st house - 1st house is always the most important house of any chart as it represents the person and his life path. Wherever 1st house lord is placed, it gives an indication related with life path the person is supposed to follow.
- 3rd house – 3rd house is house of communications, either written or oral, and of sharing information. As 2nd house is of Speech, 3rd house is more about Written Communications.
- 5th house – 5th house is main house of hobbies, interests and passions. Person should have continuous interest in writing to make it a profession.
- 6th house – It is house of editing as it has the same energy as Virgo. A good writer not only writes good things but also removes useless and wrong information from his work.
- 8th house – 8th house is house of serving other people through whichever means. So, it can be through writing too.
- 9th house – 9th house is house of Publishing.
- 10th house – As it is main house of career and work. Any connection of 10th house and 10th house lord with any of the houses mentioned here can give good foundation for writing.
- 12th house – Probably the most important house for writing as it is the house of imagination. At the end of the day, a writer only reduces his imaginations into writing.
Important Signs - Following are important signs -
- Gemini – Being the 3rd sign, it has energy and representations of 3rd house as of communication.
- Leo – Again, being the 5th sign, it has energy and representations of 5th house of creative interests, hobbies and passions.
- Virgo – The main sign of Editing things. Probably the most important job before publishing any work.
- Sagittarius – A sign of higher education and learning. To be a good author, you need to be a well-read person.
- Pisces – A sign of creativity and imagination.
Important Planets - Following are important planets -
- Moon – 1st of all, your mind needs to be imaginative about new ideas and thoughts which can then be reduced to writing.
- Mercury – Mercury is karaka of communications and writing.
- Jupiter – Again, for writing something you need to have knowledge of that subject. So, Jupiter needs to be in good position.
- Venus – At the end of the day, it is a creative pursuit to become a Writer or Author. Hence, Venus becomes an important planet.
- Mars – Mars represents Hands. Hence, Mars is important in chart of a writer.
- Saturn – Then the most important planet, i.e. Saturn. One may have initial interest in writing but without support of Saturn they may not be able to persist with that interest. Also, Saturn represents long durations. So, Saturn becomes important for those people who can write for long times. Like a Novelist or blogger like me who always likes to write a lengthy article. It is my 3rd house lord in 10th house. Long writings bringing fame.
- Ketu – Ketu becomes important in Editing.
Important Nakshatras - Following are important nakshatras -
- All the nakshatras of Mercury are important for writing as basic Mercurial energy of Author is there.
- Krittika and Chitra – These are nakshatras of Editing.
- Hasta – As it literally means Hands. So, important for any work of writing.
Various Combinations - Now, any combination between these houses, planets, signs and nakshatras can create an Author. Any combination between these planets, houses, signs & nakshatras where energy exchanges between them will be enough to make an Author in proper dasha time.
Atma Karaka or Amatya Karaka - If Mercury becomes person's Atma Karaka or Amatya Karaka, then things can be more prominent to become an Author as it is the main planet of writing.
Mahadashas - But as always, dashas will activate houses or planets and person will have realization at that time to take up Author as Career.
Example Chart – Let’s take the chart of one of the most influential Indian Authors of 20th Century, Late Smt Amrita Pritam - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amrita_Pritam.
- Gemini Ascendant – This speaks for itself. A life path dedicated to communication.
- Mercury – Ascendant Lord Mercury is with Mars-Jupiter in 2nd house/Cancer. So, all important planets for writing coming together. Although, Mars was debilitated but exalted Jupiter provides Neech Bhang Raaj Yoga to gain benefits in professional life.
- Sun-Saturn – Sun-Saturn in 3rd house of written communications are giving her persistence to carry her writing interests over a long time.
- Moon – Moon is in 5th house/Libra of Creativity.
- Venus – 7th house & 12th house lord Venus is in Virgo. So, creativity & imagination got the environment of perfection. Venus debilitated in 4th house of Mother also shows that roots of her creativity were in the loss of her Mother at an early age. That loss sent her in loneliness at her home and she used it for starting in writing.
- Ketu – Ketu in 12th house makes her go deep into her imagination and bring thoughts and ideas for her writings.
- Mercury became her Atma Karaka and Moon was her Amatya Karaka. As Moon represents emotions, we can see that most of her work was in the emotional backdrop of Indo-Pak Partition. We can also see the role of Moon as Amatya Karaka that her Mother’s loss became the reason behind her life path.
- It was also Saturn-Venus dasha which gave her initial recognition as a Poetess when her 1st poetry Amrit Lehran (Immortal Waves) was published in 1936, at the age of 17 only.
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/astrovishalsaxena/ .
Twitter Page - https://twitter.com/astrovsaxena .